Advice Request VPNium Free VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Hi,

I am searching about VPN softwares (free ones).. I saw this one.
They said these feature and they are very good, I want to ask you before?

- No logs
- No registrations
- No ads

and this
Our company is based in Panama. Panama is an offshore country, and has one of the most stringent laws related to the confidentiality of corporate information. Thus, legislation of Panama does not allow "Penetration into the confidential information of corporation."

This means, that all information, that we have about our users are completely corporate confidential information and may not be claimed by third parties, including public authorities of Panama and other countries.

They also have premium VPN. They make money from those users.

So, what do you think friends? You can make a test or a video review if you have free time?
Thank you :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hi,

I am searching about VPN softwares (free ones).. I saw this one.
They said these feature and they are very good, I want to ask you before?

- No logs
- No registrations
- No ads

They also have premium VPN. They make money from those users.

So, what do you think friends? You can make a test or a video review if you have free time?
Thank you :)

Looks like a pretty good find. :) I would use the top 2 features adblocking isn't for me but if you like it that's great. :)

I have been looking for a free VPN might use this.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

void011

Level 2
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
I was impressed by their privacy policies, so decided to give it a try.
VT result. Seems clean :rolleyes:
screenshot.12.jpg

Installation progress
screenshot.13.jpg

screenshot.14.jpg

screenshot.15.jpg

screenshot.16.jpg

screenshot.17.jpg

screenshot.18.jpg

It creates a shortcut on desktop
screenshot.24.jpg

then requires installing the driver (sorry no screenshot)

After staring the app, the comparing windows shows up
screenshot.11.jpg

then disappears in seconds.

Only one server for free account?
screenshot.21.jpg

Keeps telling "wait a seconds dude, I'm connecting..

screenshot.22.jpg

..which happens countless times and nothing change.

Disconnect as many times as you want :D
screenshot.25.jpg

Launch the shortcut multiple times.
screenshot.23.jpg

Finally, after uninstallation, it just leaves its remains files there.
screenshot.26.jpg

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@yigido - Thank you for posting.

I've recently been testing some free VPN services and I'll add this to my list !

I see that void011 only appears to have been offered one server .... that's not so good .
On their website they claim 12 servers for the free version ?
On further reading here , it appears you need to activate " Boooost" feature to get more.
I'm wondering now if this is actually a proxy service as opposed to a true VPN
eg like HideMyAss , or the so-called "VPN" add-on in the latest version of Opera .

My results so far :-

SecurityKISS
- Based in Ireland , 300MB per day data limit on the free version
ZPN - Based in Middle -East ( Dubai ? ) , 10 GB per month data limit , some choice of servers
VPNGate - Based in Japan , good free service ,but they do keep logs for a limited period
plus there is auto-disconnect at 1 GB which may be a privacy problem if there is no warning.

I wrote some notes on leak-testing and other details for each one but can't find them
just now .... Doh !
I will come back here and update asap ....

For comparisons of different services , this is a useful place to start :-
Which VPN Providers Take Your Anonymity Seriously? - TorrentFreak
The same questionnaire was put to many providers and those that responded have their results listed
.... I think it's mainly paid VPNs but some may offer a limited free version .

This is also worth a look for a list of free VPNs :-
Free or Open Source VPNium Alternatives - AlternativeTo.net

Edit
- corrected download info for SecurityKISS

Last edited:

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@Myriad SecurityKıss does not give 1GB daily. They just gives 300MB/daily. I need more. I also wonder about Free VPN • 100% Free PPTP and OpenVPN Service ??
@yigido

My apologies for giving duff info re. SecurityKıss .
All my VPN stuff is on another machine , including the notes I referred to earlier [ .... I hope :) ]
Next time I boot it I will check.

Anyhow , if you need more than 1GB in any one day , the best free option right now might be ZPN .
AFAIK , they don't care if you use your monthly 10GB allowance all in one day , but you won't get any more until next month.

Does that help any ?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
@Myriad SecurityKıss does not give 1GB daily. They just gives 300MB/daily. I need more. I also wonder about Free VPN • 100% Free PPTP and OpenVPN Service ??
Despite them claiming torrents are fine, they no longer work with VPNBook although they used to, so if this is a requirement for you you'll need to look elsewhere. Also quite slow. Possible privacy issues too although I never had any problems.

If you haven't heard of it you might be interested in Betternet. Disconnects frequently though.

PS - I can't see any mention of p2p regarding VPNium. I guess you have to activate that booooost thing for that.

Last edited:

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Despite them claiming torrents are fine, they no longer work with VPNBook although they used to, so if this is a requirement for you you'll need to look elsewhere.. Also quite slow. Possible privacy issues too although I never had any problems.

If you haven't heard of it you might be interested in Betternet. Disconnects frequently though.

I spent some time with VPNBook , not least because it looked like a viable free VPN for Linux .
But it gave me a lot of headaches , and it went to the bottom of my list.
I never got as far as trying it in Windows but perhaps I'll give it a second chance someday :)

rigor

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2016
Stay away from VPNbook since it is completely free. VPNium also seems so unprofessional. Sure, they have a paid option but it is the most expensive VPN I have seen. $84 for a year is a joke.

Reactions: yigido

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
At of right now, I'm using Hoxx VPN, which comprises of free servers usage as well as premium servers if necessary and is an browser app [All major browsers except Edge] - Hoxx Vpn | VPN Service for everyone. The difference between the plans is that the premium service has more configurable options like filtering malicious websites and more server locations. The speeds of each server is negligibly fast compared with my ISP, has 20 servers that spans over 50 coutries, data usage is unlimited and I highly recommend taking it for a spin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myriad

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
At of right now, I'm using Hoxx VPN, which comprises of free servers usage as well as premium servers if necessary and is an browser app [All major browsers except Edge] - Hoxx Vpn | VPN Service for everyone. The difference between the plans is that the premium service has more configurable options like filtering malicious websites and more server locations. The speeds of each server is negligibly fast compared with my ISP, has 20 servers that spans over 50 coutries, data usage is unlimited and I highly recommend taking it for a spin.

Thanks for the post @musings4

I'm still a little cautious about browser extension VPNs ( eg the new Opera ) .

I came across Globus free VPN ( here ) but I haven't tried it yet .
I'll post back here later ....

Update

OK .... that word "free " again -
It's only a 5 day free trial ( ... and companies with spelling mistakes on their websites don't inspire me with confidence ! )

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@Myriad Haha, I'm the opposite of your requirement. I'm currently using L2TP VPN (PIA VPN) on my Chromebook and looking for a decent VPN browser extension. :p

Was using Zenmate Premium awhile ago and it was great.
Their free version are good too but their privacy policy is not so clear according to what I know.
Plus they're part of the 14th eye countries so that leave some questions.

Gom VPN was good when it worked for me.
It didn't work for 90% of my time, YMMV.
It has a free trial for a few days too.

Someone else here recommended me Tunnello VPN.
Right now I'm using it and it has a stable enough connection for me to stream Spotify.
I can recommend it but I have not read their privacy policy (link).

Reactions: Myriad

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@generalwu

You could try ZPN free , but your account will be blocked if you use it for streaming.

I take your point about " different strokes for different folks " , but for me privacy and integrity MUST
be a prime consideration in a VPN.
OK , if you just want to get around location-blocked streaming , it's less of an issue.

But the fiasco/scandal with " Hola" a while back should be a warning bell to ALL VPN users !

There are some good VPN articles at Lifehacker for further reading .
Here is an example .

Also , before choosing a VPN , I strongly recommend checking out " That One Privacy Guy "

Last edited:

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@Myriad I think we have a miscommunication here. :p

I too are concerned about my privacy and integrity on top of other required services that I need (In this case is content streaming).

I'm aware of the incident with that particular vendor hence I'm looking for a reliable VPN vendor (Doesn't need to be free but reasonably priced).

Also as mentioned I already had a semi-reputable VPN (Not proxies) running on my Chromebook.

I'm actually looking for a reputable VPN extension (Proxies) to compliment my browsing hence the opposite of your requirement of actual VPN. :D

And yea that guy is awesome, did much of the groundwork for us to choose the perfect VPN.

I also recommend this site if you do not know of it yet (here).

My 2 Cents. :cool:

Many thanks.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@Myriad I think we have a miscommunication here. :p

I too are concerned about my privacy and integrity on top of other required services that I need (In this case is content streaming).

I'm aware of the incident with that particular vendor hence I'm looking for a reliable VPN vendor (Doesn't need to be free but reasonably priced).

Also as mentioned I already had a semi-reputable VPN (Not proxies) running on my Chromebook.

I'm actually looking for a reputable VPN extension (Proxies) to compliment my browsing hence the opposite of your requirement of actual VPN. :D

And yea that guy is awesome, did much of the groundwork for us to choose the perfect VPN.

I also recommend this site if you do not know of it yet (here).

My 2 Cents. :cool:

Many thanks.

Yes , I know that site well ( your link ) , it's excellent.

As regards VPN browser extensions , I'm pretty ignorant ..... just haven't got to testing any of them yet.
I've got the Developer version of Opera sitting on my desktop for exactly that reason ....
.... but it just keeps getting pushed down the " To Do " list :)

I had a quick look at Tunello's web site ..... can you please post again if you try it ?
I'm keen to hear some "real world" results.

Thanks !

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
@Myriad No problem, we all have things that we do not know.

Anyway, I have been using it for a few days now.

General usage pattern would be web surfing, youtube (HD 1080p), Spotify.

Everything is going on smoothly, no major lag or slow as of now.

It's currently in beta and there'll be a paid model once it's out of beta (link).

I think it's because the user base is still currently small so the speed is good.

Many thanks.

Reactions: frogboy

Sam Johnson

Jul 1, 2016
I decided to give it a try, it seems to be a good one. Besides, you can easily check by yourself the efficiency of any VPN or proxy using such online services as ip check https://2ip.io/ for example. It shows the rate of your anonymity and tries to single out your real ip. Very useful service for testing VPN and free to use.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Cyberghost also provides a free version of their VPN if you want to test it out, of course it comes with restrictions such as limited bandwidth and P2P disabled so you can't torrent over it. But if you want to use it for privacy and unblocking websites then I think Cyberghost free is perfect for you.

If you are looking for browser extensions then Zenmate or Betternet would be good enough as well

Reactions: generalwu
Status
Not open for further replies.