Wanderburst removal help please.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity90

Thread author
Aug 4, 2015
Hi there

I followed the guide on how to remove wanderburst here - http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-wander-burst-removal/

and followed it religiously

I still have the Wanderburst malware. I ran the sequence disconnected from the internet and it returned immediately I re connected

Tried running chromes cleaning tool, which has removed malware on another laptop - no success

went offline and ran the sequence again - same result. The screen grab shows the one file that comes back, that seems to indicate that there is something that reloads the virus after cleaning, buried somewhere. This is a guess and is probably massively wrong..........

I came on here and saw the advice to run FARBAR, but I couldn't follow the bit about running as an administrator, it wasn't an option available. Files are also attached

If you can help, I will be massively grateful, as I am out of inspiration and applications.

Thanks in anticipation

Mick

Attachments

• malware.jpg
    malware.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    44.8 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.