Want to build or revise my security setup.

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hello! I'm very paranoid about security, so I want to revise or build a security setup. Now, my security setup is this: Takemaster's Security Setup . What can I add to it? Its cost can free or less than 60-70$. My system especially RAM is much than my usage (16GB RAM). I will use Zemana Anti Malware and Ublock Origin. Does the Antilogger, HitmanPro.Alert, Antiexploit and VoodooSheild must-use? Thanks for help, have a nice day!

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi mate, i just commented your configuration thread.

To start with, you should know despite you have 16GB of RAM that's no reason to fill your PC with crap or unnecessary software.

First tings first, you are protected by BitDefender TS18, that means you have a great layer of protection. If you want to have even more control over what happens on your system, you can follow @frogboy advice and install VoodooShield's free version. If you understand how it works, you can use it on ALWAYS ON mode.

Tweak BitDefender for maximum security and lockdown.

To be honest, these two software should be more than enough for protecting anybody. Try not to overload your system with unnecessary software. :)

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hello. I am very thankful to everyone's replies. I don't really know VoodooShelid, I saw it on Security Setup part of MalwareTips. And what should I use for browser extensions? Have a nice day!

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello. I am very thankful to everyone's replies. I don't really know VoodooShelid, I saw it on Security Setup part of MalwareTips. And what should I use for browser extensions? Have a nice day!
I would recommend you add to your browser:

HTTPS Everywhere
NoScript
uBlock Origin
PopUp Blocker (this is not mainly a security but more of a tool)

VoodooShield is great companion to almost every antivirus i they do not have an application control software (like Kaspersky or Panda does).

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
I would recommend you add to your browser:

HTTPS Everywhere
NoScript
uBlock Origin
PopUp Blocker (this is not mainly a security but more of a tool)

VoodooShield is great companion to almost every antivirus i they do not have an application control software (like Kaspersky or Panda does).
Hi! I think I have not to use VoodooSheild because the Bitdefender has ATD (before ATC).

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Hi! I think I have not to use VoodooSheild because the Bitdefender has ATD (before ATC).
ATD is just a fancy name for Bitdefender's heuristic analysis. It's not comparable to VS which is an anti-exe.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.