Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I used to used Firefox for my default browser, but this new changes make me fill to switch to a different browser, i make some research and i found Waterfox. What do you think about this browser? Is it trustworthy?

I tested this browser for about 3 days and I can say this:
- all my extenions are working
- no pocket
- no mr robot
- no telemtry
- no sponsor titles
- it's really smooth on my system
- i like this user interface
- DRM is not enable(from Adobe)

What do you think?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I was using this browser for a while and it's definitely worth using compared to FF52 ESR. It also includes the latest quantum security updates
It's obviously not as smooth as quantum but it's still worth it due to the legacy extension support

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Not enough good for me!
I want a browser that a big company is behind it!chrome, Yandex, and opera are my only choices. what about bugs and security issues? how can a developer fix everything?at least I know Agnitum team and a rich company working on Yandex browser! I feel safer with them!

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Not enough good for me!
I want a browser that a big company is behind it!chrome, Yandex, and opera are my only choices. what about bugs and security issues? how can a developer fix everything?at least I know Agnitum team and a rich company working on Yandex browser! I feel safer with them!

venustus recommended this browser to me so I give it weight but I also trust your opinion and reviews here on the forum and I'll bet you have tried Waterfox and hope to read your critique. Your blunt at times but there is an old saying I remember well that goes "a sharp knife cuts the quickest and bleeds the least".

With respect,
BryanB

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
sharp knife
I tired some firefox based browsers:
Pale Moon=using the old version of Firefox! ugly user interface and slow!
Waterfox=started by 16 years old kid( 6 years ago)!Iplssssss:D I cant trust such browser!(Waterfox - The free, open and private browser)
Maxthon=faster and better! than others but read bad things about it.
I don't like Firefox at all. I think chrome(or chromium's) is safer than Firefox.also, firefox based browsers are not using Quantum.so why would I use them?I think there is not much difference between firefox and chrome in the term of privacy! they are using Google as their default search engine!so?!

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Waterfox is an excellent ALTERNATIVE/OPTION.
After Firefox stopped with JAVA , Legacy Add-ons etc, Waterfox became the best alternative/option with 64 bits.
Users depending on JAVA, Legacy Add-ons etc are stick with ESR 32 bits FF' versions. Out there today, Waterfox is the only 64 bits alternative/option, based in original FF 56 version, with the FF 57 last security updates.

It is important to mention that Waterfox is not a "simple teenager creation". It is and always was 100% based in last Firefox version.
in years, Waterfox always was updated following the last FF version.
And in years, we never heard about any kind of problem with Waterfox.
Today, Waterfox community has more than 1 million downloads.

After FF Quantum, Waterfox will remain as the last most updated 64 bits alternative/option for JAVA, Legacy etc users.
However, it will be impossible to Waterfox keep following FF Quantum.
At Waterfox' forums we can find lot of comments announcing a future possible new Waterfox based on FF Quantum. But it seems to be a kind of totally new browser, and not expected for the next months. Until then, Waterfox' author said that will keep present Waterfox always updated with the last security changes in Firefox Quantum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paul.R and shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.