Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
[video=vimeo]http://vimeo.com/31005812[/video]

Someone's watching...

"Webcam" is based on actual events and was shot entirely on a computer's webcam.
The filmmakers hope that it will make people think more about the technology that we use every day and the effects it can have on all of us.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I found this video to be effective, yet scary. It makes us aware of what can be going on without you knowing. Even now someone could be watching.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm using webcam for the purpose of conversation and I've never stay it as on, since sometimes I liked to be "anonymous" to have safer identity.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I disable my webcam via Device Manager when it's not in use, although I imagine there's still ways around this. Great video.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I kinda leave my webcam enabled, but never have the program open that enable and turns on the webcam. Might have to do what you said Tom and disable it through the Device Manager.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.