Solved WebGL not working on my Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Hello guys,
I have problem with my WebGL on Firefox(latest stable version).
I am using Windows 8 Pro 32bit and have AMD Radeon HD 3100 Graphics and i am using latest drivers for my card.
Screenshot
vovmdz.png

I know that my above screenshot is of Firefox 20 Beta but same problem is on Stable version of Firefox :(

My Firefox settings
a9pe9e.png

I have tried this solution
Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL

WebGL on Firefox in Windows 7 is perfectly working with 7 seconds on HTML5 Speed Reading

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I have tried to find some info but non of the info I found mentions WebGL, so I conclude that hd3100 is not supporting this feature. Buying an entry gpu will solve this issue. By the way you don't need to install any ati/amd drivers for the iGPU since AMD says Microsoft has optimized the driver so well that AMD sees no need to publish new optimized drivers.

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Valentin N said:
I have tried to find some info but non of the info I found mentions WebGL, so I conclude that hd3100 is not supporting this feature. Buying an entry gpu will solve this issue. By the way you don't need to install any ati/amd drivers for the iGPU since AMD says Microsoft has optimized the driver so well that AMD sees no need to publish new optimized drivers.

But on Windows 7 WebGL on Firefox works fine
And on Google Chrome WebGL is also working :)
Update
I have also tried AMD Radeon HD 4670 1GB and same problem with my Firefox :(

Upvote 0

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Imran said:
Valentin N said:

But on Windows 7 WebGL on Firefox works fine
And on Google Chrome WebGL is also working :)
Update
I have also tried AMD Radeon HD 4670 1GB and same problem with my Firefox :(

Is firefox fully compatible with windows 8? I don't use ff and is catalys correctly installed?

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Valentin N said:
Is firefox fully compatible with windows 8? I don't use ff and is catalys correctly installed?

Yes, everything is properly installed and up to date.
Google Chrome is blazing fast on my PC
And one more thing, i can't even watch HTML5 videos on my Firefox because of the FPS
I am getting only 5 FPS on my Firefox in HTML5 speed reading...
But Chrome and IE10 are blazing fast
Screenshot of my Chrome
Direct Link

Upvote 0

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Imran said:
Valentin N said:

Yes, everything is properly installed and up to date.
Google Chrome is blazing fast on my PC
And one more thing, i can't even watch HTML5 videos on my Firefox because of the FPS
I am getting only 5 FPS on my Firefox in HTML5 speed reading...
But Chrome and IE10 are blazing fast
Screenshot of my Chrome
Direct Link

I suggest you contact FF to see if they can solve it or other members until then use Chrome; I am a Chromium user

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Valentin N said:
I suggest you contact FF to see if they can solve it or other members until then use Chrome; I am a Chromium user

Yeah i already did :)
Google Chrome is buggy and add-on support is not satisfying for me :cool:
But anyway thanks for your help ;)

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Have you tried going to the options- Advanced Tab- Browsing- disable "Use hardware acceleration when available"?

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Littlebits said:
Have you tried going to the options- Advanced Tab- Browsing- disable "Use hardware acceleration when available"?

Thanks.:D

Yeah i did :(
Thanks for your comment :)

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello Imran,
Type about:config in your browser URL bar, then double click on webgl.force-enabled=false, this should change it to: webgl.force-enabled=true
Try to see if this will fix your issues.

If you are still experiencing this issue, reset Firefox its default settings.
  1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu
  2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
    2012-05-08-13-41-07-3fdfa1.png
  3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Jack said:
Hello Imran,
Type about:config in your browser URL bar, then double click on webgl.force-enabled=false, this should change it to: webgl.force-enabled=true
Try to see if this will fix your issues.

If you are still experiencing this issue, reset Firefox its default settings.
  1. At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu
  2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
    2012-05-08-13-41-07-3fdfa1.png
  3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

Wow Jack! it worked!
I've been trying to work this out about almost a week
Can't give you Kudos more than +2
Thanks for your help :)
Edit: My WebGL is now working but i am getting only 5 FPS on HTML5 Speed Reading
Any solution for this?
Thanks for your help again

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Imran, WebGL will not run when you are using Windows 8 Modern UI (Metro style).
What interface are you using when doing these tests?

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Jack said:
Imran, WebGL will not run when you are using Windows 8 Modern UI (Metro style).
What interface are you using when doing these tests?

I am using Desktop Version(the normal one) not the one with Metro UI
WebGL is working now thanks to you but why i am getting only 5fps on HTML5 Speed reading?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.