Webroot alongside avast and toolwiz time freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
Hi guys i am customise my security suite and i see the webroot promo here but i want to use avast whith webroot but dont know how, and the versions are upgrade and upgrading and want to know if are incompatibility issues btween webroot toolwiz and avast 9 free, please i wait for your help thank you

PS i found that threat but is out to dated to avast new versión and webroot new versión God Bless you thanks

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Welcome.

Webroot is likely to be compatible with other Antivirus software, but I think the problem will be with Avast. Most AV vendors are standalone products and don't like it when other AV programs are installed. While users may add exclusions to each of the products, conflicts can still occur.

May I ask, Why you wish to use 2 antivirus software? Reasons?

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
Hurracaine i am very happy whith webroot but as I can see it not prevent viruses or malware or something of that junk only reacts when it compromises system on the pc for example why dont detect the eicar test and second i see some videos on webroot comunity but that are on enlglish as you can see my wirting is bad and my listening is worst. I want to learn more about webroot prevention and desinfection capabilities or use another antivirus more proactive as a first layer of defense while i trust webroot

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Before you start to combine Webroot with other security products, especially when deciding to use more than one antivirus. I suggest you learn about the product itself.

@Umbra Polaris knows a lot about Webroot, he's posted some guides on how to use it too, and he uses the program himself. Hope he will be able to help you further.

On a side note, don't take the tests to heart, they're testing security products until they basically break.. or let in some malware.

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
i will research as i say you i ser a old post about how to configure avast and webrooot poder versions i like to see something about that guy but dont know how to contact he

D

Deleted member 178

im here ^^

I want to learn more about webroot prevention and desinfection capabilities or use another antivirus more proactive as a first layer of defense while i trust webroot

first of all , read this about how Webroot works : http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-wsa-works.11871/

... but as I can see it not prevent viruses or malware or something of that junk only reacts when it compromises system on the pc for example why dont detect the eicar test.

Eicar is not a real threat and it is surely whitelisted by webroot's cloud; note that WSA focuses mostly on active malwares.

For the combo, webroot works fine with almost all others AV , if you use it alongside Avast , avast will do mostly all the job ; WSA will kicks-in only if avast misses a threat.
But honestly Webroot or Avast alone is enough for most common users.

Reactions: Koroke San
D

Deleted member 178

Nothing to configure inside current WSA, just allows Avast's processes if they are not :

YNw7WyU.jpg

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
Thank you very much Umbra and Hurracaine (sorry i think you are hurracaine), i am using now avast toolwiz and webroot alongside and no conflicts and no high cpu usage i see a 13 or 2 % in inactivity and now i am watching a movie using intenret and worte on Word and the cpu dont goes upper to 50% normaly stay in 30 and not are exraordinary cpu are a AMD E1 2500 1.4GHZ the cam consumtion was 1GB and the disk usage are 90% but its because i am scaning whith avast. I think that was normal values. I like to see more about exclusions because i see the process simplify more but i think that thing only pass in new versions i feel secure and my machine dont recently that, thank you for all and maybe i will stay whith webroot but while it gives my trust i will use both. Suppous i have to ignore the action center who says i have 2 av solutions rigth? thank you you are a sunshine.

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
another cuestión umbra bro i hace avast webroot and winpatrol plus i use Windows firewall and Works well but i like to use other but hate cómodo and hace bad experiwnces whith private fw do you sugestme one? Oh for use toolwiz whith avast have to add to exxcluaions on deep screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.