Webroot (including Prevx) Antivirus Private Beta

Will you try the new Webroot (including Prevx) Antivirus ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's more like Prevx 4 with Webroot branding, now where did I read that? :huh:

D

Deleted member 178

ok i test it in my normal environment, result :

6 blue screen in a row !!!! tried to add it to exclusions of others AV , 3 blue screens after reboot !

i think i will wait the final release ^^

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
ok i test it in my normal environment, result :

6 blue screen in a row !!!! tried to add it to exclusions of others AV , 3 blue screens after reboot !

i think i will wait the final release ^^
Did you definitely install a 64 bit version?
I doubt that 64 bit is a priority for them, so it may be a while before it becomes stable enough for use on 64 bit operating systems.

D

Deleted member 178

just download it from the link given in the mail, you dont have the choice of 32 or 64 bit.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
just download it from the link given in the mail, you dont have the choice of 32 or 64 bit.
Then it is most likely a 32 bit only beta.
At an early stage it would not be wise to leave the decision of whether to install a 32 bit version or a 64 bit version to the installer.

D

Deleted member 178

i agree

and the blue screen said "system_execution..." somethinh like that

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i agree

and the blue screen said "system_execution..." somethinh like that
Have you got the minidump file?
(If you have, then can you open them and upload them here? I can't view them directly in Ubuntu.)

D

Deleted member 178

not anymore, i ran ccleaner after for cleaning the leftover sorry.

iPanik

Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
I am on 64bit and it is working here.
It might be because you have another AV, I have heard others complain about blue screens when they had other AVs installed.

D

Deleted member 178

so it is what i suspected but i didnt want to uninstall Avast, normally it is designed to be a companion AV, maybe the compatibility is not optimal yet. thanks for the confirmation.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
so it is what i suspected but i didnt want to uninstall Avast, normally it is designed to be a companion AV, maybe the compatibility is not optimal yet. thanks for the confirmation.

Working fine on 64-bit here too.

Did you install this alongside Avast only or your whole other security software?

D

Deleted member 178

avast + comodo fw (D+) and zemana AL
prevx worked fine with them.

i even disabled WRAS firewall

edit: seems i found the culprit : zemana AL...

edit 2: finally its is not zemana

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For anyone who install the beta with the AV installed there will be an FP detection

The following vendors have had FPs against us so far just in case anyone has seen them and become concerned:

- Avira
- Antiy
- Dr. Web
- eSafe
- Ikarus
- Immunet
- Jiangmin
- Kaspersky
- McAfee
- Microsoft
- Rising

Link

D

Deleted member 178

Webroot told me that there is an incompatibility with Shadow Defender causing my BSOD, it will be fixed in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.