Advice Request Webroot issues uninstalling

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anker_by

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
Hello everyone let me ask some question.
I try to uninstalling webroot by geek uninstaller or by Windows, says some error.. i can see its little bit complicated to uninstall anyone knows a good method to uninstall Webroot. Manual Maybe if anyone knows a good method and help me more will be good, thank you.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: FrFc1908

Anker_by

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
I try that but doesn't detect i need to uninstall manual by Safe mode, maybe not sure

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
It`s for older versions of webroot
don`t use it

@Anker_by
Type the following into the Run box, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly.
"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" –uninstall

https://community.webroot.com/t5/We...-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel/ta-p/34688

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
I contacted them directly via support, explained the situation and they helped - I made sure to state that I was migrating to X product, and needed to remove all traces of WebRoot Software. They were helpful. It took about a week via email support - but it worked out in the end. This was 2-3 yrs ago. A specific vendor told me that it may be impossible to completely remove it.

In the future. Take a system image prior to installing any AV if possible.

D

Deleted member 178

In the future. Take a system image prior to installing any AV if possible.

Best practice. You want remove a security product for another one, restore a clean backup made prior of any security apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.