Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
LawnTractor said:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410545,00.asp

I know there was some discussion on this already but it looks like it might be worth a try.It scored very high in Av Comparatives October 2012 report.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-AV-Comparatives-Performance-Test-AV-October-2012

It is definitely worth a look

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
How come webroot gets Pc Mag ed choice. Even if norton gets I understand. Webroot is not that great.
Anyway thanks for the share.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
White Nobster said:
LawnTractor said:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410545,00.asp

I know there was some discussion on this already but it looks like it might be worth a try.It scored very high in Av Comparatives October 2012 report.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-AV-Comparatives-Performance-Test-AV-October-2012

It is definitely worth a look

It's very very small and light on the system, you should definitely give it a shot i am trying out as well and so far loving it :D

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
It's very very small and light on the system, you should definitely give it a shot i am trying out as well and so far loving it :D

To tightened WSA, you can set the Local/Offline Heuristics to "Warn when new programs execute that are not trusted".
In the Core System Shield enabled the "HOSTS protection.
Set the "Firewall" to ...Unless explicitly allowed.
This gives more control to the user.
Make sure your browsers are Protected in the Identity Shield.

The weakest point in WSA is the Web Threat Shield and some 0days infection take a longer time to be treated but it's normal if it doesn't exceed 6 days or more. Noticed it already mention by PC Magazine.

For general protection WSA is great unless you're in fighting a war with malware in your own backyard. :D

D

Deleted member 178

Strange thing, Avast seems to be lighter than WSA, especially when i open the context menu.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Change is good. Don't want to see Norton running for the 4th year running, their readers might think they're being paid for the Editors Choice 2013 award.

Webroot has improved ever since Prevx was acquired.

Thanks. :D

malbky said:
Webroot is not that great.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Strange thing, Avast seems to be lighter than WSA, especially when i open the context menu.

You're not imagining it, i'm a bit surprised my self.
How does the (avast) Behavior Shield work on you?

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Earth said:
Change is good. Don't want to see Norton running for the 4th year running, their readers might think they're being paid for the Editors Choice 2013 award.

Webroot has improved ever since Prevx was acquired.

Thanks. :D

malbky said:
Webroot is not that great.

He often does some excellent reviews but too bad his rating doesn't reflects what was being reviewed. :p

D Bone

May 28, 2011
I find WSA to be far from light on my system. Small foot print yes, low RAM usage yes, but light....No.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Well i am running WSA with Comodo FW and everything's running great, i actually do a system scan while playing games and i dont even get a hint of lag or anything, i have used avast though i personally felt wsa was lighter though it could just be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.