App Review Webroot Secure Anywhere (Rollback Test Day 5)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Checking back in to see if Webroot can undo the changes made be the Malware in the first test.

Reactions: Xtwillight

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
I thought it was interesting that, despite the removal of all monitored processes and hence the rollback of all their actions, there still was a start-up entry for a removed file remaining. This start-up entry should have been removed as well. In my opinion he should ping Webroot with on issue, so they can take a look at it.

The part I strongly disagree with was his comments after the HitmanPro scan, because he said there was still malware on the system. He should have pointed out that none of those were actually running or had an associated registry key, so that they could run at a later time. These were possibly just inactive remnants which would have stayed in active until removal.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Good review as per usual.

The deal breaker for me is the detection rate plus the time taken to roll back.It will be interesting to see what if anything gets detected in pt3.

Enjoy your vacation.

Regards Eck:)

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
I not a fan of Webroot Secure Anywhere Rollback, I think they are om the wrong track with this.
prevention , detection , removal , I think most people would be looking for something else to find and get rid of the malware if the thought it was on the system, format or image restore come to mind ,
so I really don't see the point of this Rollback feature.
interesting test all the same.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.