Qihoo 360 TSE
Webroot SA

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
If I have to choose for the lightness serious Webroot combined with a Firewall is not bad at all for an experienced user (y):giggle:
Webroot (with continued deletion of .db & .tmp files) twinned with a firewall such as Tinywall or MWFC, both are very light on the system and Tinywall 2.1 is only 1MB in size, very light. Both Webroot and Tinywall would make the system amazingly light with great protection, highlighting my mantra about security
Light with great protection!

~LDogg

Momus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 21, 2017
Thank you very much for your question. ESET was a wise choice to make for your system. I wouldn't recommend Webroot, as you would have to manually delete files from the WRData folder every so often, but I won't be uninstalling, as I got this free within a Giveaway. Will not be using going forward after that. Will be using Comodo IS Free after. Very light from what I've seen on tests and other things.

~LDogg

Many thanks again for your explaination. Manually deleting files is not my cup of tea for sure. So I will stay with Eset. I really do like Comodo firewall with CS settings. But I experienced a lot of bugs and strange behavior, so I gave up one day. In terms of security this might be the very best option once configured correctly. I’m certainly not in the position to recommend things but I would go with the latest version of Comodo 10. I found Comodo 11 extremely buggy...

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Many thanks again for your explaination. Manually deleting files is not my cup of tea for sure. So I will stay with Eset. I really do like Comodo firewall with CS settings. But I experienced a lot of bugs and strange behavior, so I gave up one day. In terms of security this might be the very best option once configured correctly. I’m certainly not in the position to recommend things but I would go with the latest version of Comodo 10. I found Comodo 11 extremely buggy...
Comodo 10 looks stable and less buggy compared to 11, but I just wanna try v11 next year or any newer version that's available after my protection for Webroot and ZAL run out.

I am happy my explanation for you in regards to Webroot was adequate enough for you to make an informed judgment, sticking with ESEt was the right choice in my opinion.

~LDogg

Momus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 21, 2017
Comodo 10 looks stable and less buggy compared to 11, but I just wanna try v11 next year or any newer version that's available after my protection for Webroot and ZAL run out.

I am happy my explanation for you in regards to Webroot was adequate enough for you to make an informed judgment, sticking with ESEt was the right choice in my opinion.

~LDogg
Yes, you helped me lots making my decision a stable one. Don’t know why I find it so hard choosing the right piece of software .

Reactions: Nagisa

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Yes, you helped me lots making my decision a stable one. Don’t know why I find it so hard choosing the right piece of software .
I find many of my clients have the same issue, sometimes it can be based off subconscious or conscious paranoia that your Desktop or Laptop might get infected or based off many of characteristics. I always tell people if they find one piece of security software they like, works without conflict on other installed software and compliments you machine great, stick to it. Always stick to what you know, you can go beyond if you make a system backup or system restore point. So you can go back to a previous state before the installation happened.

~LDogg

Reactions: Nagisa and Momus

Momus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 21, 2017
I find many of my clients have the same issue, sometimes it can be based off subconscious or conscious paranoia that your Desktop or Laptop might get infected or based off many of characteristics. I always tell people if they find one piece of security software they like, works without conflict on other installed software and compliments you machine great, stick to it. Always stick to what you know, you can go beyond if you make a system backup or system restore point. So you can go back to a previous state before the installation happened.

~LDogg
Yes, probably a wise recommendation. Guess people always tend to be looking out for something even better. My best investment and favorite software nowadays is Macrium Reflect. Saved me a lot of headache...and is easy to use.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
What happens is that Webroot in malware tests is weak, but in real life is something else, you do not see malware all the time. Therefore, it is valid for a low risk user who browses, watches videos and chats with friends and sees his email.

If you reflect a little, it is not logical to put on a bulletproof vest to have a coffee in the corner of your house.
The same goes for security we arm ourselves to the teeth to visit MT.:LOL:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Yes, probably a wise recommendation. Guess people always tend to be looking out for something even better. My best investment and favorite software nowadays is Macrium Reflect. Saved me a lot of headache...and is easy to use.

I agree this is a wise recommendation. That's always the case when people will always look out for something even better. Macrium Reflect is great. I'm using a different backup solution now as I hate being part of the status quo, but will always recommend Macrium over Aomei, as I believe Macrium is the best free backup solution out there available for home users and consumer. Also the free version is licensed for commercial business use which is fab.

For me Webroot alone is very weak. I tested it for one month and the results was very bad. The virus signatures It sucks. The good is have good web filter. My opinion because is very light, combo with voodooshield.
This I can fully agree with, which is why I am pairing this with ZAL & MWFC. Antivirus, Anti-Malware & Firewall, the 3 main fundamental aspects for home users.

~LDogg

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I won't use the rollback feature of Webroot. I'm just caring the signatures, heuristic detection and BB capability of them.

Not sure if this was answered yet, but Rollback is Webroot's main feature.

To the question, me personally...I wouldn't use either (Webroot's bad rep with scores lately and Quihoo being Chinese...questionable privacy + more ADs than a couple of years ago).

I prefer two AVs: Kaspersky or Norton.

Reactions: Nagisa

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
What happens is that Webroot in malware tests is weak, but in real life is something else, you do not see malware all the time. Therefore, it is valid for a low risk user who browses, watches videos and chats with friends and sees his email.

If you reflect a little, it is not logical to put on a bulletproof vest to have a coffee in the corner of your house.
This is the same with all AV vendors during tests, which is why I regard any AV tests done with a pinch of salt, as the conclusion for a home user is massively different depending on habits. For someone who may have bad habits, use pirated software or bad computing practices in general Av tests would be ideal for them. xD

~LDogg

Reactions: Nagisa and bribon77

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014

Agree with you. But between webroot and 360ts i will choice 360ts. Is light like webroot. Have very good cloud signatures by qihoo. And help from Avira and Bitdefender signatures. When i have 360ts Avira and Bitdefender is activate only for manual scan. Have one good sandbox. Have hips, registry protection, document protector,and safe shoping banking protection. If you check the Unknown files with the sandbox and you are normal user you have not any problem. Is enough secure. I used it for years and never infected my system.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Agree with you. But between webroot and 360ts i will choice 360ts. Is light like webroot. Have very good cloud signatures by qihoo. And help from Avira and Bitdefender signatures. When i have 360ts Avira and Bitdefender is activate only for manual scan. Have one good sandbox. Have hips, registry protection, document protector,and safe shoping banking protection. If you check the Unknown files with the sandbox and you are normal user you have not any problem. Is enough secure. I used it for years and never infected my system.
360ts is not a bad option, I have used both, and if I agree that it is stronger in detection, but webroot is lighter.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Both are light and both are weak. You cannot rely on them to protect your system.

Those two along with McAfee are about the last AVs I would choose.

All that you need to know is in those posts above, really.

Both products are weak, both cant be relied to protect your system, both dont deserve your CPU time.

Go with ESET if you want a light and yet capable security solution.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
All that you need to know is in those posts above, really.

Both products are weak, both cant be relied to protect your system, both dont deserve your CPU time.

Go with ESET if you want a light and yet capable security solution.
Of course it's better Eset or Kaspersky. But the question was from webroot and 360ts.:giggle:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
My vote goes to 360 ts, even security mode ( all 5 engines enabled) it still is light, but I have to give negative advise on all the bloatware and ads ( free version) it comes shipped with. Another reason is the data harvesting it does. Just give comodo internet security a go with cruelsiters setting and you will have a good security solution.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
this is what i found in the hub.

Guest/OS : Windows 7 Ultimate 86X
Product: WebRoot IS (9.0.24.37) - Default Setting
Static(On-demand scan): 1/1
Dynamic(On execution) : *0/1
Total :1/1
SUD : No
VPN: Security Kiss Tunnel 0.3.2
File encrypted: No
Second Opinion Scanners: *Infected(HMP,Zemana)
System Final Status: *Infected,Live malware in Memory!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Static(On-demand scan): 4/22
Dynamic(On execution) : 3/18
Total :7/22
SUD : 18
Second Opinion Scanners: Infected(HMP,NPE,Zemana)
System Final Status:Infected,Live malware in Memory!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 24, 2019
New #5
Containment :Virtual Box 5.2.24
Static(On-demand scan): 4/16
Dynamic(On execution) : 1/12
Total : 5/16
SUD : 12
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Static(On-demand scan): 0/2
Dynamic(On execution) : 0/2
Total : 0/2
SUD : 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
infected 4 out of 4 times. webroot fails against new malware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.