Guest/OS : Windows 7 Ultimate 86X
Product: WebRoot IS (9.0.24.37) - Default Setting
Static(On-demand scan): 1/1
Dynamic(On execution) : *0/1
Total :1/1
SUD : No
VPN: Security Kiss Tunnel 0.3.2
File encrypted: No
Second Opinion Scanners: *Infected(HMP,Zemana)
System Final Status: *Infected,Live malware in Memory!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Static(On-demand scan): 4/22
Dynamic(On execution) : 3/18
Total :7/22
SUD : 18
Second Opinion Scanners: Infected(HMP,NPE,Zemana)
System Final Status:Infected,Live malware in Memory!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 24, 2019
New #5
Containment :Virtual Box 5.2.24
Static(On-demand scan): 4/16
Dynamic(On execution) : 1/12
Total : 5/16
SUD : 12
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Static(On-demand scan): 0/2
Dynamic(On execution) : 0/2
Total : 0/2
SUD : 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
infected 4 out of 4 times. webroot fails against new malware.
The M.HUB shows us what product has good signatures and behavior blocker. But to the real life is not the same. Don t shows us the webroot have one very good web filter, and i think noone with little bit brain download Unknown files or chinese files or files with strange names. If one person test the G DATA to M.HUB he show us good results. But will not show to us the laptop it runs like a turtle.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
In regards to Webroot AV and IS, I'm assuming both of these products would suffer the same results?

~LDogg
Sure yes. They will not use the web fiter at webroot because the virus is before install the product in the system allready for execution. They will not use the last signatures Avira and Bitdefender at 360 because if you install 360 need one day to give the last signatures. They will not use the sandbox to run safe the Unknown files. M.HUB test first the BB ans after the signatures. Not test the extras or the performance. Webroot is more light and combo with CFW or with voodooshield from the most secure internet securitys.And webroot combo is very secure product

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
The M.HUB shows us what product has good signatures and behavior blocker. But to the real life is not the same. Don t shows us the webroot have one very good web filter, and i think noone with little bit brain download Unknown files or chinese files or files with strange names. If one person test the G DATA to M.HUB he show us good results. But will not show to us the laptop it runs like a turtle.
you should use a translator. try googles.

have a nice day.

• HaHa
Reactions: Nagisa and stefanos

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
In regards to Webroot AV and IS, I'm assuming both of these products would suffer the same results?

~LDogg
By my knowledge webroot only offers an av with windows inhouse firewall "enhancer" they don't offer a full internet security, or suite advanced package offers the webroot window washer program as extra, this cleans your temp files and other electronic "garbage"

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
You can't rely on most of the test on Youtube regarding WSA. Webroot protect a little different, so sometimes it will use one or two days before I destroy the malware, so most tests will be seen as missed, although WSA asctually do exactly what it's designed to do. It's no secret that I like the product, but generally I think it would be great just to pair it with H.C or OS armor. I used it over 8 years without seeing any of the the writing to WR data. But I understand it must be frustrating if it happens.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
I agree. But, I think that this wouldn't change the results. If the web filter finds a malware, probably the file protection module will also find it too. Or vice versa. I'm not sure, maybe it would be different than what I'm saying.

Holi_loli.wmv.exe

I really like this channel.

Greek Google! :) Seriously, I applaud anyone whose native language is not English for posting to this forum. The cultural flavors of the world meld together on MT! (y)
:D I have about B1.1 English. It's not too hard to read sentences, despite that it's hard to write one.
I wonder if I can find any other Turkish speaker here.

You can't rely on most of the test on Youtube regarding WSA. Webroot protect a little different, so sometimes it will use one or two days before I destroy the malware, so most tests will be seen as missed, although WSA asctually do exactly what it's designed to do. It's no secret that I like the product, but generally I think it would be great just to pair it with H.C or OS armor. I used it over 8 years without seeing any of the the writing to WR data. But I understand it must be frustrating if it happens.

It's weird. Up to what I have seen from my 1 day of Webroot usage, I learned that it writes to WRData folder only when the process monitoring is active.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.