Jul 30, 2012
While updating my Comodo Dragon, Comdo's D+ Pop-up :p
What Say ???

65y4jl.jpg

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
HeffeD said:
I would say the new release isn't in the whitelist yet...

I understand that but isn't it weird that they haven't white listed their own product before releasing it !!

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
If you just tick the "Always trust the publisher of this file" option, wouldn't it stop this from happening in the future. I agree ideally it shouldn't happen at all.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Tom172 said:
If you just tick the "Always trust the publisher of this file" option, wouldn't it stop this from happening in the future. I agree ideally it shouldn't happen at all.

Obviously it should, but why should i, isn't it their own product

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
madyrocksin said:
Tom172 said:

Obviously it should, but why should i, isn't it their own product

I'm not familiar with how they hash their files or what type of digital signing they use, so I can't answer that.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
madyrocksin said:
I understand that but isn't it weird that they haven't white listed their own product before releasing it !!

Yes and no...

They have various development teams located in different parts of the world.

If one of the teams makes a release when it is after hours for another team, it is not unexpected that something like this should occur.

However, it is definitely confusing, and in a perfect world should not happen.

Aventador

Sep 5, 2012
Throughout history every company has done this. Heck many years ago Norton detected NPE as malicious. It's called a false positive and should be posted in the Comodo forums where it can get the proper attention.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
HeffeD said:
madyrocksin said:

Yes and no...

They have various development teams located in different parts of the world.

If one of the teams makes a release when it is after hours for another team, it is not unexpected that something like this should occur.

However, it is definitely confusing, and in a perfect world should not happen.

Yea that explains it, i was concluding that they kinda lazy :p

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Aventador said:
Throughout history every company has done this. Heck many years ago Norton detected NPE as malicious. It's called a false positive and should be posted in the Comodo forums where it can get the proper attention.

I think this will be solved in a couple of hours or so going by what heffed said!! but i doubt that it should be called a FP

Aventador

Sep 5, 2012
Well when any products detects something legit as suspicious or malware that's called a false positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.