Chrome x64
Maintenance tools
CCleaner

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Nice config. You should consider getting a main antivirus for your PC to be on safer side.If you are interested in free ones you should try for Avast and Qihu TS which have decent protection against malware/viruses.For paid ones ESET has the best protection.

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Nice config. You should consider getting a main antivirus for your PC to be on safer side.If you are interested in free ones you should try for Avast and Qihu TS which have decent protection against malware/viruses.For paid ones ESET has the best protection.
Yeah,i could use an AV.But i am happy with the current configuration,especially since it has provided excellent protection for the past 3 years.:)

Reactions: tonibalas

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Welldone, Kent's & jamescv7's suggestions ring true. There is enhanced protection provided by Sandboxie, Hitman Pro Alert, and Windows Firewall Control, yet (imho) Real-Time protection with a traditional Anti-Virus program should be your first layer of defense.

We use MCShield on our Windows 8.1 too.:)

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Welldone, Kent's & jamescv7's suggestions ring true. There is enhanced protection provided by Sandboxie, Hitman Pro Alert, and Windows Firewall Control, yet (imho) Real-Time protection with a traditional Anti-Virus program should be your first layer of defense.

We use MCShield on our Windows 8.1 too.:)
To be honest with the combination of Appguard+HMPA+SBIE+MCschield and safe downloading habit............. there is no need for an AV...

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You have made a powerful and strong config without the use of an AV:eek::D,that's really great:).
I just have one suggestion, add another on demand scanner like MalwareBytes or Emsisoft Emergency Kit just to be sure.
Thanks for sharing your config

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.