Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,

In the last weeks we've added new forums to our community. We've also removed a few forums and renamed others, however this thread will be just about the new forums.

In the Security Discussions category:

NEW FORUM: Malware and Threats Discussions
This forums contains discussions about malware analysis and discussions about malware in general.
NEW FORUM: Security Programs Tested
In this forum our members can leave a review/feedback for a security product. We've added fields and labels so that creating a thread will be as easy as possible.

1.jpg2.jpg

-------------------------------------

In the Software category.

NEW SUB-CATEGORY: Operating Systems

With the following forums:

NEW FORUM: Windows
NEW FORUM: Android
NEW FORUM: Apple iOS
NEW FORUM: macOS
NEW FORUM: Linux
NEW FORUM:Chrome OS
--

NEW FORUM: Compare General Software
This forum will be used to compare non-security software.

NEW FORUM: Compare Security Software
This forums contains discussions comparing features, value, support, quality and protection of security products. It contains new fields.
6578.jpg

--------------------------

In the Hardware category:

NEW FORUM: Computers Discussions
This forums contains discussions about computers hardware.

NEW FORUM: Smartphones and Gadgets Discussions
This forums contains discussions about smartphones and gadgets. New fields were added.

NEW FORUM: Buying a Smartphone
This forum contains discussions and question when buying a smartphone. New fields were added.

NEW FORUM: Buying a Laptop
This forum contains discussions and question when buying a laptop. New fields were added.

NEW FORUM: Buying Computer Accessories or Peripherals
This forum contains discussions and question when buying computer accessories or peripherals. New fields were added.

NEW FORUM: System Building and Upgrading
This forum contains discussions and question about building or upgrading a system.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks @Jack, i have noticed some of the newer/renamed ones lately. They are much more organised and actually stand out a bit more (IMHO) now that they have been reorganised.

There is nowhere on site to say this really, so i will say it here if that's ok. Thank you for the work you do not only behind the scenes but front of house too, it is for the benefit of all members of MalwareTips and i for one appreciate the work and effort you put into it. (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks @Jack, i have noticed some of the newer/renamed ones lately. They are much more organised and actually stand out a bit more (IMHO) now that they have been reorganised.

There is nowhere on site to say this really, so i will say it here if that's ok. Thank you for the work you do not only behind the scenes but front of house too, it is for the benefit of all members of MalwareTips and i for one appreciate the work and effort you put into it. (y)
Well said @Weebarra and well done @Jack (y)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
NEW FORUM: Security Programs Tested
In this forum our members can leave a review/feedback for a security product. We've added fields and labels so that creating a thread will be as easy as possible.

1.jpg 2.jpg
@RoboMan, @Windows_Security, and @Der.Reisende -- You've all created new threads in this forum ( Thanks(y) ), what's your opinion on the new thread layout, is there anything else we can do to improve it? We want to keep the thread layout in this forum as simple as possible so it won't be a hassle for our members to create a new thread.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan, @Windows_Security, and @Der.Reisende -- You've all created new threads in this forum ( Thanks(y) ), what's your opinion on the new thread layout, is there anything else we can do to improve it? We want to keep the thread layout in this forum as simple as possible so it won't be a hassle for our members to create a new thread.
The layout was excellent. Very extensive and easy to understand. Contained a lot of reminders to help me describe in detail everything I could say. Cann't criticize anything, amazing job.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.