Advice Request What’s the best Smartphone of 2022, according to you?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I have a bunch of flagship phones due to work and trade in deals. As much as I love the Pixel 7, the fingerprint sensor on it barely works. I'm on my 3rd so far, and it's awful. The Pixel 7 Pro's sensor works flawlessly, though. Too bad it's so freakin big. Give me a Pixel 7 with a working fingerprint sensor and I'd consider it.

The Flip4 and Fold4 are fantastic, but dear lord, are they fragile. Every time I pick mine up, I wonder if it's going to snap the screen.

Honestly, and I hate to say it, smartphone of the year has to go to either the S22 (base) for being a smaller phone that works great, or the iPhone 14 Pro.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Really? Why? What's different about it. I have the 6 pro, and I'm loving it! It is the smartest smartphone What's better about the 7?
Camera, better battery and I think there were less bugs/problems on release than the Pixel 6.

Pixel 6 was plagued by poor optimization/bugs that took months to fix plus the battery is less than stellar on the Pixel 6.

Until Google move away from Samsung SoC's (poor battery performance/heating issues) and move to Qualcomm I wouldn't think about buying one.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Camera, better battery and I think there were less bugs/problems on release than the Pixel 6.

Pixel 6 was plagued by poor optimization/bugs that took months to fix plus the battery is less than stellar on the Pixel 6.

Until Google move away from Samsung SoC's (poor battery performance/heating issues) and move to Qualcomm I wouldn't think about buying one.

I'm confused, the pixel uses their own Tensor chip, not samsungs or qualcomms.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I'm confused, the pixel uses their own Tensor chip, not samsungs or qualcomms.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
High end: 1) iPhone 14 Pro Max 2) Goggle Pixel 7 Pro/Google Pixel 7 3) ASUS Zenphone 9 4) Oppo Find X5 Pro/OnePlus 10 Pro
Low end: 1) Google Pixel 6A 2) Realme 10 Pro 3) Xiaomi Poco X4 Pro 5G
The Pixel 6A scored high-up in the Smartphone camera blindtest.

It’s a more affordable Pixel, that still uses the Tensor G1 SoC with lesser premium materials.

Google is top tier when it comes to their software AI/ML magic.

• Hundred Points
Reactions: Nevi and Jack

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Really? Why? What's different about it. I have the 6 pro, and I'm loving it! It is the smartest smartphone What's better about the 7?
The Tensor S1 was plagued by connectivity issues. I shelved my 6 Pro because it would cycle between 5GUC, 5G, LTE, and no signal multiple times per minute, usually every 5-10 seconds or so. Also, on more than enough occasions for me to drop this as a work phone, it would lose signal completely for 10-20 minutes at a time. This is in a 5GUC saturated area, too.

I exchanged the device more times than I could count, and it's simply a hardware issue. So glad I wasted so much money on it to sit in a drawer, to be traded in for a 7 Pro.

Reactions: Zero Knowledge

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
The Tensor S1 was plagued by connectivity issues. I shelved my 6 Pro because it would cycle between 5GUC, 5G, LTE, and no signal multiple times per minute, usually every 5-10 seconds or so. Also, on more than enough occasions for me to drop this as a work phone, it would lose signal completely for 10-20 minutes at a time. This is in a 5GUC saturated area, too.

I exchanged the device more times than I could count, and it's simply a hardware issue. So glad I wasted so much money on it to sit in a drawer, to be traded in for a 7 Pro.

That's so odd. I've never had any of those issue at all. My p6pro is working perfectly.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
I tested and returned in 30 days because I couldn't get used too the next phones this year: s22, Zenfone 9, s22 ultra, iphone 13 pro, pixel 6a. The one that I'm using right now and like it a lot is the 6a. This phone is perfect for me- compact, best battery vs the other ones I used, great camera, the stock android is way better than all the skins (UI's)combined from the other manufacturers, signal strength is awesome, speed and stability are great. It's my first pixel for me and if all goes well for the next 6 month I'll switch to pixel 7 (Pixel 7 pro is too big).
So the best phone for 2022 for me is the Pixel 6a.

Reactions: Nevi

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
I broke the back cover of my Xiaomi Mi 9 and now I'm looking for a new phone. When I started researching this year's models and its nightmare. )) Judging from the reviews, even $1000 phones are a lot of compromises: either overheating, no water protection, poor camera, low battery life or limited support ...

I want to find a phone with a screen from 6.7 inches with a decent camera and battery life that won't overheat, since I live in the desert. Any ideas perhaps? Currently thinking between Xiaomi 12T and Samsung S22 Plus. These are the two most balanced models in terms of price/quality.

The Pixel 7 seems like a good choice, but the Exinos processor is a fiasco. In the summer, I'll be making scrambled eggs on it. =_=

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.