Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
When I find some useful or interesting posts in MT, I would want to save them for future reading.

Currently, it seems that we have two approaches for this, but neither of them are efficient enough:
  1. "Watching" that thread. This approach has several problems. At first, each time when I reply to a thread, that thread will be "watched" automatically. With time goes on, we would have too many watched threads. Furthermore, we can only watch an entire thread, not a single post. The third advantage of this approach is that, once you watch a thread, you will be alerted whenever someone replies that thread. Well, this is just what the function "watch" is designed for. But it is not convenient for users who just want to save some posts in a thread for future reading.
  2. Using the bookmarks of the browsers. In such case, the synchronization of the bookmarks between different browsers will become a problem, because I use different browsers in my desktop, laptop and mobile phones. In addition, if we want to add the url of a single post inside a thread to the browsers bookmarks, we need to edit the url manually. It is not very convenience.
Therefore, I hope MT staffs could add a new button "mark" near the button "like". When I "mark" a post, it will be added into a favorite list corresponding to my account. Then I can use this list as long as I log into MT, no matter where I am. Different from "like", I hope whether I mark a thread is only visible to myself.

Thanks.;)

Last edited:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Regarding the item title of the favorite list: :)

In the "watched threads" list, each item has a natural title: the title of the thread.

But, if we have a favorite list, how to specify the title of the items?

The problem is, a single post inside a thread does not have a title, except the original post.

For this problem, my suggestion is to let users to type in the titles by ourselves.

This can be implemented by showing a pop-up window asking the title when a user click the "mark" button. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.