What Are Your Favorite Security Forums?

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
On the whole I found the Avast forums OK but there was one guy - can't remember his username but he had a parachute as an avatar, who tended to criticize posters and be very unhelpful and patronizing instead of providing constructive advice.

Although probably not as friendly as MT I always found Bleeping Computer very helpful - got me out of a hole years ago before I knew anything about malware when I got infected with a fake antivirus masquerading as Microsoft Security Essentials (the genuine MSE which I was using at the time was next to useless).

And although they're not purely a security forum, SevenForums is also excellent. I've never been a member of Wilders but they seem pretty good.

So my Top 3:
1st= MT, sevenforums
3rd Bleeping Computer

Last edited:
Reactions: Cortex

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Already attended other but did not stay long and abandoned, including forums you have here in Brazil, MT was the only one I liked, I think much more organized and compared to others I visited, seem to have the best people, all are well educated, I find it essential for a forum!

Reactions: Alkajak and Rishi

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
What forums di I follow?
- MalwareTips & Wliders

My favorite...?
- MalwareTips

Comparison: MalwareTips is far better because
- The users are friendly
- The rules in Wilders are very restricted...no A vs B ... No "what s your favorite"...no video reviews ...no malware packs

-The moderators in Wilders are very aggressive

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Honestly ?
MalwareTips comes in first, then Malwarebytes.
I trust no other forum other than these two for my security based news and opinions.
PeAcE

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@motox781
A while back I posted that there are some sites that i have not visited in so long I forgot my login so I removed them. Well the one you mention is one of those and yes MT is far more organized and user friendly than many of the others, and you have to admit some much cooler staff here as well :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.