win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
what better and effective chat client?

** between pidgin ,or trillian astra

what your reasons ?

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
I used to use Pidgin and have also used and like Trillian, between the two I would prefer Trillian for the look and some of the features, for being more stream-lined I'd go with Pidgin so I guess it is really what you like best. For what I personally like and prefer and now for some time consider the best option I prefer Miranda IM. Offered as both 32 or 64 bit as well and being a portable messenger which is extremely customizable, loaded with options, low resources required too, all around it has been excellent. http://www.miranda-im.org

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pidgin (Using in Puppy Linux) caused I like how its easy to use and simple interface. I cannot comment to Trillian Astra.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Pidgin (Using in Puppy Linux) caused I like how its easy to use and simple interface. I cannot comment to Trillian Astra.

you use puppy linux?
hmm..
yep i think.. i'll use pidgin :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yep and there a pidgin which I installed through quickpet :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Quickpet means you can install packages there like browsers, drivers and others especially sfs files which needs a reboot.

Well let's back on the topic :)

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Quickpet means you can install packages there like browsers, drivers and others especially sfs files which needs a reboot.

Well let's back on the topic :)

oh.. good :)
^^

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh... Well I found the account.xml in linux lucky in Windows XP I use Yahoo Messenger. But when I'm open the xml in Linux seems my password is not listed there.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
stormgtr said:
I've never tried Trillian.

Be aware that Pidgin stores passwords in plain text:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/PlainTextPasswords
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidgin_(software)#Criticisms

what..?
so.. your reccomend..? (about chat client)

jamescv7 said:
Oh... Well I found the account.xml in linux lucky in Windows XP I use Yahoo Messenger. But when I'm open the xml in Linux seems my password is not listed there.

not save on xml file? you serious??

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes In linux I open in notepad and I saw that status, username and alias and others cannot see either a password listed but maybe I miss something.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Yes In linux I open in notepad and I saw that status, username and alias and others cannot see either a password listed but maybe I miss something.

oh.. check agaiin for that mate.. :p
i think.. linux is so hard to getting viruses :)
*maybe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
win7holic really password is not listed a username, alias, status. Password was not written there.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
win7holic really password is not listed a username, alias, status. Password was not written there.

wow
good.. idk about windows..
are same too or not
i hope same too :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah hope too I really don't know that pidgin will do that. Well in linux the folder was hidden.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Yeah hope too I really don't know that pidgin will do that. Well in linux the folder was hidden.

well
its so good for you mate :)
^^
what your version of linux?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Puppy Linux 5.2.5 ok yet let's back to topic :) we are just worried about xml file there.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Puppy Linux 5.2.5 ok yet let's back to topic :) we are just worried about xml file there.

hmm..
if you want try to chat on web browser :)
like windows live yahoo messenger :)
if gtalk.. idk how to
:p
sorry

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I prefer Trillian 5 Pro. Quick start up, No slowness on system, I like many of its features and overall just got attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.