Advice Request What Browser Extensions are you using in 2020?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For Firefox I'm using

1. ABP
2. Anti-Adblock Blocker
3. BP Privacy Block All Font and Glyph Detection
4. CanvasBlocker
5. ClearURLs
6. CSS Exfil Protection
7. Dark Reader
8. Decentraleyes
9. Firefox Multi-Account Containers
10. Forget Me Not
11. I don't care about cookies
12. IDN Safe
13. Invidition
14. ZeroWidth Detection
15. Keyboard Privacy
16. Privacy-Oriented Origin Policy
17. Random User-Agent
18. Skip Redirect
19. Smart HTTPS
20. Temporary Containers
21. uBlock Origin

For Brave

1. Adguard AdBlocker
2. BP Privacy Block All Font and Glyph Detection
3. ClearURLs
4. Cookie AutoDelete
5. CSS Exfil Protection
6. Dark Reader
7. Decentraleyes
8. Detect Zero-Width Characters
9. Keyboard Privacy
10. Malwarebytes Browser Guard
11. Netcraft Extension
12. Random User-Agent
13. Redirector
14. WebRTC Control
15. zwBlocker

Last edited:

S M G

Level 2
Feb 18, 2020
I use Firefox, Brave and Edge Chromium
  • uBlock Origin
  • Cookie AutoDelete
  • Bitwarden
  • Notifier for Gmail
  • Change New Tab
  • Default Bookmark Folder (Firefox)
  • Windows Defender Browser Protection (Brave)
I'm still torn between Privacy Badger and Privacy Possum, so I'd like to know your thoughts on which one I should go with.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
AdGuard (desktop)
Bitwarden
Windscribe
uMatrix

I'm wondering why no one is using uMatrix? I see a lot of Privacy Badger and a couple of Netcraft, are these extensions better?
uMatrix (and NoScript) are very good and powerful extensions.
But they take a lot of work for the initial whitelisting of your most visited websites and are too much for an inexperienced user or for shared computers. Played extendedly with them both, but nowadays I want something that just works. I prefer a good adblocker, a security extension (and a password manager).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Funny how many extensions some guys here use.

I only use in my Edge:
AdGuard from Microsoft store
uMatrix from Google store (until it's available in Microsoft store)

That's it.
Why AdGuard and not the combination of uBlock Origin (now up-to-date in the Microsoft Store) with uMatrix?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Funny how many extensions some guys here use.

Indeed!

I'm still torn between Privacy Badger and Privacy Possum, so I'd like to know your thoughts on which one I should go with.

For your setup --> Privacy Possum because it blocks tracking, referers, etags and spoofs fingerprint. Plus it doesn't tend to break webpages.

I wouldn't bother with PB, it pretty much just blocks trackers.

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
4. I don't care about cookies
Hey, maybe you should know that if you activate the annoyance filters in ublock (i use the adguard and ublock annoyance filters) you'll probably won't have to use IDCAC... Maybe you should try. I've been using for a while without seen any advices about cookies anymore.

2. Privacy Possum
There is any benefit in using it paired with ublock?

Browsing Protection by F-Secure
I Never tried it! I'll take a look!

Decentraleyes
Hey, lately i found a bug with Decentraleyes that made me uninstall it. As you propably know, Decentraleyes asks you to configure HTTPS everywhere to use it. But the configs applied to https everywhere are reseting after you close the browser. Maybe you should take a look. (if you experience the same problem, pls let me know cause i'm helping some threads about it)

ClearURLs
Do you know if ClearURLs acts only locally or does it call home?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey, maybe you should know that if you activate the annoyance filters in ublock (i use the adguard and ublock annoyance filters) you'll probably won't have to use IDCAC... Maybe you should try. I've been using for a while without seen any advices about cookies anymore.

There is any benefit in using it paired with ublock?

I Never tried it! I'll take a look!

Hey, lately i found a bug with Decentraleyes that made me uninstall it. As you propably know, Decentraleyes asks you to configure HTTPS everywhere to use it. But the configs applied to https everywhere are reseting after you close the browser. Maybe you should take a look. (if you experience the same problem, pls let me know cause i'm helping some threads about it)

Do you know if ClearURLs acts only locally or does it call home?
I believe that Browsing Protection by F-Secure only works when you have F-Secure (or one of the provider provided rebrands) installed as AV.

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
BTW, my extensions

Edge
1 - Kaspersky Protection ( i used to pair it with ublock but now i'm using only KP without bigger problems)
2 - Https everywhere
3- Cookie Autodelete (configured to preserve cookies i want)
4 - Last Pass
5 - Google Translate (it's very, very useful to check some phrases when you visit some foreign sites) --> i configured it to have access only to sites i allow it
6 - Ublock (currently disabled)
7 - Decentraleyes (disabled because of the bug i mentioned in the other post)

Firefox
1 - add Malwarebytes Browser Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.