Poll What Browser(s) are you using in 2024?

What Browser(s) are you using in 2024?

• Chrome

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Firefox

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Edge

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Brave

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Arc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ungoogled Chromium

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Floorp

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Librewolf

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Tor

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Waterfox

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Opera

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Vivaldi

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Pale Moon

• Opera GX

• Epic

• Other

• Total voters

blackice

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I've been reevaluating browsers and figuring out a good workflow and it got me wondering what everybody is using and why since I haven't seen one of these polls in a while. If I missed one that was recent I apologize. Currently trying Firefox, but they have bugs in iOS that make it hard to use. Especially the page auto-scrolling when clicking in a text box to post in a forum. Makes it unusable for forums like MT. I listed most of the commonly discussed ones off of the top of my head, if I missed on I apologize and there is an other button. What do you all use?

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
"Good workflow"...is why I left Brave, not that there was anything wrong with it, I liked it. But, I just like the layout and Google searches better, that I found myself bookmarking in Brave, and then transferring the Bookmark in Chrome (to much back and forth between the two). Brave seemed to sync okay (between my 5 PCs), but Chrome has always been my fall back browser, so I just made it my default. Also, I just feel better about some of the work sites I connect to, using Chrome (fonts, layout, printing etc. didn't need to much adjusting with Chrome).

I use Firefox occasionally.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
For regular use of Opera. I really like its usability.

For shopping and banking Edge, as it is protected from exploits and other threats by my Eset.

Now contemplating switching completely to Edge, because ....

1714673315613.png

It's handy when the browsers on your phone and PC are the same and synchronized, and when you have the same extensions :)

blackice

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
For regular use of Opera. I really like its usability.

For shopping and banking Edge, as it is protected from exploits and other threats by my Eset.

Now contemplating switching completely to Edge, because ....

View attachment 283162
It's handy when the browsers on your phone and PC are the same and synchronized, and when you have the same extensions :)
This is the main reason I use Edge primarily. It works best on my phone along with syncing well.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I'm using Edge on both PC and Android but last night I installed Brave and testing it again. Brave is great but I've got more accustomed to Edge. It works great, lowest ram usage among all popular browsers. I love the sleeping tabs feature and on Edge Canary Android as @CyberDevil shared above you can now install any extension though only uBlock Origin is enough for me. I was testing Brave mainly because of the upcoming MV3 adblockers limitation but it seems even MV3 adblockers will be good enough for a comfortable web browsing experience. I also have AdGuard license so I can always use that if MV3 doesn't satisfy my need. So, at the moment Edge remains my main browser.
Firefox is slightly slower to load webpages mainly because I have to use the Dark Reader extension, I don't need it in Chromium browsers.
Bonus info: Dark Reader is slower on Firefox compared to Chromium and the devs themselves are not sure why.

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Brave for Google/YouTube, the inbuilt adblocker works flawlessly and it nicely sync with android, where I use it for a background playback.
Microsoft Edge for browsing, I do not like it's password manager, but it is neatly interconnected with MS Authenticator, so I just gave in.
Then there is LibreWolf for Facebook and TOR for special cases, like when NextDNS blocks something and I do not want to wait 5 min.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
-Chrome "with ublock" on Chromebook
-Chrome on Android

Both run through VPN with "DNS-based protection " Malicious Domain blocking, Phishing Domain blocking, Ad blocking, and Tracker blocking" as well as Tapjacking protection on both.
I have had such a slowdown when running VPN from start(speed test 1/3 slower) do you have any issues like this?

Mar 10, 2024
I have had such a slowdown when running VPN from start(speed test 1/3 slower) do you have any issues like this?
I do not have any such issues. If anything mine seems snappier now. I'm on the Chromebook right now, uploading a large video in the background and just popped a tab open for speed test and hit the allocated speeds by the ISP no problem.

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023

This may not apply here, as it's a recent issue with F-Secure and their VPN, but maybe it's worth a shot?
Otherwise, I've never noticed a slow down in the past with F-Secure, and especially not with Mullvad or Nord when using Chrome.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.