What can I put with Online armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

obada321

Thread author
Nov 1, 2012
Hello There

Please I want ask

What the best anti virus to put with Online armore ???

Any one but not Emsisoft anti malware

Bucause It use High ram

I wait you suggestion

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

EAM is the best choice since its cloud will be used by OA, EAM uses High RAM during updates and boot only, after it is quite light. If you really dont want EAM, any AV that doesn't incorporate an HIPS is ok.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
ESET with HIPS disabled should be ok, but i m not sure of any conflicts
btw make sure you exclude the main process from each other, for guides contact Umbra :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There is no best Antivirus, it's all personal experience and preferences. Try some of the Free AV's and come to a verdict:
  • Avira Free -- LNK
    Panda Cloud -- LNK
    Avast Free -- LNK -- Does OA conflict with Avast?

Except for high RAM usage, what did you not like about EAM to uninstall it?

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
The OP didn't ask what the best AV is, the question was what is the best AV to run with Online Armor.

There's no firewall components in Avast Free so I can't see how they will conflict. (Unless there's compatibilty issues I'm unaware of)

Maybe Panda Cloud would suit best.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It does come down to personal preference, try not to read too much into my posts.

I heard past conflicts of the Web Shield from avast with OA, so unless it's resolved, then I can't be sure to recommend it.

I forgot to say, like Umbra mentions an AV without HIPS (ie. Comodo) it should be okay.

I

illumination

obada321 said:
Hello There

Please I want ask

What the best anti virus to put with Online armore ???

Any one but not Emsisoft anti malware

Bucause It use High ram

I wait you suggestion

Thanks

May i ask what is your system 32 bit or 64 bit, how much ram do you have?
I ask, as i run both Online Armor and Emsisoft Anti Malware, and on my 64bit system with 4 gig of ram, i rarely go over using 35% with everything open and running.

As stated,, the best course is to test a few your self, depending on your specs and uses..

D

Deleted member 178

last time i used avast (v7) alongside OAP (v6), i didnt feel any conflicts, just some bugs from Avast's popups, but on WIn8 ESET Nod32 seems to conflict with EAM/OAP, froze the system endlessly.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Last time I used Avast with OAP which was sometime last year, I ran into problems as I kept getting BSODs which was a known problem after I looked it up, I don't know if its been fixed.
I wouldn't try Eset with it as I used it recently and my system kept freezing up.

raxa707

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
i installed avast with online armor and it gave me frequent BSODs and then i uninstalled it and all went to normal

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
OA conflicts with Avast giving BSODS. Avira free is god enough. Use it. Even i used to get BSODS with OA and Avast.

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
I didn't quite like Online Armor,
why don't you try Comodo Firewall with Avira or Bitdefender?

D

Deleted member 178

The problem with Comodo FW is that its cloud will just inform to block the malware , you will not be able to remove it since you don't have the AV module. rather use full CIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.