What can we expect from F-Secure 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

When will the new version of the F-Secure 2017?
Hmm... Either before 2017 starts or sometime during 2017 maybe? :p

What new can we expect from the new version of F-Secure in 2017 in addition to the improved engine?
Hopefully good zero-day behavioural protection features, such as virtualisation utilisation (via usage of hardware technology like VT-x/AMD-V SVM).

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
When will the new version of the F-Secure 2017?
Competition already has new versions.
What new can we expect from the new version of F-Secure in 2017 in addition to the improved engine?
It has a few more weeks/Release Candidates and then it should be ready.
Before or around Christmas.

EDIT:
That is, if they're gonna name it 2017 version :)

Last edited:

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
I'm torn between Emsi and F-Secure, both work really well. I wonder why the latter isn't more popular.

Even though I don't see much room for improvements, maybe they'll add something in the ransomware department.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For sure improvements on DeepGuard and likely adding some virtualization techniques.

They don't have any problem when it comes on detection since BD engine blends very well on the product.

Reactions: Logethica and Fritz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.