Advice Request What do you think of AdMuncher?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
It was the best adblocker solution in the old days (2005 ~ 2009), now it is totally useless and obsolete (abandonware), dont bother with it.
AdGuard is the modern sucessor to Ad Muncher, try it ...
Seems a bit stingy, but is Adguard free? Also thank you for the suggestion for this as well and your reply.

~LDogg

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Seems a bit stingy, but is Adguard free? Also thank you for the suggestion for this as well and your reply.

~LDogg

AdMuncher doesnt filter HTTPS connections (most websites and ads are now on HTTPS) so it simple wont block ads in those pages.

Take a look here:
https://www.admuncher.com/changelog.txt

There was no major update since 2012, it is so behind the times that it isnt funny, you cant expect it to work in modern OS, websites and browsers.

Adguard extension is free, but the desktop and smartphone apps are paid.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Yeah, may seem a bit stingy about me asking if Adguard's free xD. Sorry if it came across any other way, I didn't wanna seem bad for asking if Adguard was free :p

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Came across this adblocking and popup blocker Desktop software. Was wondering if anyone has used this before and what they thought of this piece of software. Also how did you find the experience with this?

Thank you for viewing.

URL of software: Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers

~LDogg

Admuncher: This sounds like a Nintendo game from the late 80s! :LOL: Software must be too.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Came across this adblocking and popup blocker Desktop software. Was wondering if anyone has used this before and what they thought of this piece of software. Also how did you find the experience with this?

Thank you for viewing.

URL of software: Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers

~LDogg

Admuncher was amazing.. Nothing quite like it. Murray Hurps the developer of it is a long known con artist. He knew he was never going to release Version 5, but kept collecting a LOT of money from people, even going so far as to release fake mockups of it to convince people he was working on it. In the meantime he whined and moaned that he only made about $75,000 a year profit on it and that he 'suffered' to keep it alive. When the reality is, a half decade before he stopped selling it he quit developing it. But the best part is, a big company came along offering him 1.5 million for it, and he wanted 4 times that and was absolutely filled with greed so the deal fell through. Murray is egomaniacle but hides it with an amicable, convincing personality reminiscence of a nice serial killer.

Then Murray went on to launch a bunch of scam gadgets to bilk investors, such as a 'air mouse' where you control your PC by swiping in the air. He bilked investors on that. Then he started Fishburners and bilked people on fake startups. A few other shell companies were started by him like Startupmuster, etc.. Finally, he ended up as Director of Entrepreneurship at the University of Technology Sydney, a fairly scummy college with a shady reputation, a great place for a felon like him to hang out.

I know a lot about Murray because I've been shadowing him for some time and keep fairly close tabs on him. He owes a lot of people money and is constantly on the move. My thing with Murray isn't so much a money thing anymore, I just want to make sure he feels some pressure from time to time for his abhorrent actions.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
If your main concern is browser filtering look at Nano or uBlock Origin. AdGuard is too interfering for me.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

If your main concern is browser filtering look at Nano or uBlock Origin. AdGuard is too interfering for me.

Adguard (Win) won't work for me either. It slows browsing to a crawl and is a bit too intrusive with it's FWD. I prefer to use DNS level adblocking along with a basic extension like uBlock.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.