Advice Request What even happened to DailyMotion lately?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I've noticed that DailyMotion has started going downhill lately. It started showing videos with almost NSFW thumbnails and conten, randomly recommended next to videos that have nothing to do with them. Like, I'd watch a video from Eurovision and under it, it recommends me music videos that contain nudity and vulgar images. Almost as if there was no algorithm that connects the recommended videos. This is such a shame because DailyMotion is the only major YouTube competitor, but it is starting to become a no-man's land, and K9 Web Protection is showing warnings about it:

dailymotion k9.jpg

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Do you use VPN or some anti-tracking extensions, they might be interfering.

Do you have Family Filter ON?

Attachments

• capture_08032019_212341.jpg
    capture_08032019_212341.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 258
  • +Reputation
Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I check a few different searches (ie. gaming, music, how-to) and found from playing a playlist the suggested videos under "Browse more videos" section may not be relevant, but they are SFW (Safe for Work).

If you have a Content Blocker, you may be able to Hide this section.. permanently.

As suggested by @TairikuOkami. This can be found in the footer of the dailymotion website.

1566133726355.png

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I check a few different searches (ie. gaming, music, how-to) and found from playing a playlist the suggested videos under "Browse more videos" section may not be relevant, but they are SFW (Safe for Work).

If you have a Content Blocker, you may be able to Hide this section.. permanently.

As suggested by @TairikuOkami. This can be found in the footer of the dailymotion website.

View attachment 220460
Sounds good. Doesn't work. K9 still blocks it.

da.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's no issue or problems with DailyMotion.

K9 blocking logging.dailymotion.com is probably some tracking protection filters. You get the same result with an ad-blocker.

Example; uBlock Origin Logger showing blocked content
1566210011755.png

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.