Status
Not open for further replies.

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
11.png 22.png

It's a bit old, but might play some games from it's time.

Reactions: Jake Miguel

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi! Is this a laptop or a desktop?

It seems like you can play much games but in low quality. For example, with almost the same specs, my laptop can run League of Legends at High Quality at 110fps, CSGO at low/medium, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, this kind of games i never had trouble with. And of course, lower games.

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
Hi! Is this a laptop or a desktop?

It seems like you can play much games but in low quality. For example, with almost the same specs, my laptop can run League of Legends at High Quality at 110fps, CSGO at low/medium, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, this kind of games i never had trouble with. And of course, lower games.
Desktop. It's never been opened and cleaned so might be slower than normal.
Will try nfs rivals and csgo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Desktop. It's never been opened and cleaned so might be slower than normal.
Will try nfs rivals and csgo
Is this the same system with Windows issues and possible malware?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Most of the Third Person games before 2012 should work fine, like Batman Arkham City. As well as many indie games too. Recent First Person Shooters might require a graphics card, and that image you've uploaded doesn't have any details of it. Although legendary games like Half-Life 2 and Far Cry will work pretty cool on your rig.

Just don't expect the latest games to work on it, because needlessly they don't optimize the games properly so as to increase the minimum benchmarks for gaming. But trust me there are many splendid games that were released before it. You can choose from here, and watch the "year" column: Best PC Games of All Time (Metacritic)

Last edited:
Reactions: brambedkar59

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
If you want you can do a cheap upgrade with a used GPU such as a GTX 780 and another 4GB Ram. Then you have a decent gaming machine for approx $~100.
Ofc that assumes you have a psu powerful enough for the GPU...

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2016
Add more ram and get a used GPU. You are good to go for some good games!

LOL, CSGO can be played on medium specs level.

Try getting it pumped for $100 more like @nclr11111 said.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Can You Run It? You can test the current hardware to the game list if it match to the requirements.

I highly doubt it can play majority of games; considering the fact where specifications contain Intel I5 (4th Generation) thus already decent, but since it uses Intel HD Graphics then some games may suffer instability.

Snickers102

Level 1
Verified
Jul 5, 2018
EDIT: Didn't even see this was a year old thread, lul

All kinds of 2D games (stuff like Darkest Dungeon or Swords and Sandals), modern games with low requirements - LoL at very high settings minus shadows and effects quality (at that resolution), cs go, fortnite at low settings, maybe even 100% 3D resolution, rocket league I'd guess, older 3D games like diablo 2 (but not games like NFS Most Wanted 2005, they may be old but they still need a decent GPU like GT 1030 or possibly slightly older, but still way above HD 4600's level) You may be able to play Path of Exile at lower settings but that's a stretch, it will look mostly bad and fps will drop when fighting a lot of monsters. Dota 2 is probably playable as well. Generally, if it's not a 2D game (thus it's a 3D one) or an indie game, and not one with low requirements like LoL, then it's not even worth trying. You might be able to get something like Skyrim (or even newer games like Dark Souls 3) working at that resolution with lowest settings and no mods and like 20-30 fps (or 10-15 in the case of newer games like Dark Souls 3), but it's just not worth it, the game will look like #####, anything below 50 fps feels laggy, and just overall gameplay will be frustrating more so than enjoyable. Pick a game that you can run and don't try to reach higher, been there done that, you'll thank yourself

Don't look at the year, it's misleading, good example is NFS Most Wanted which like I mentioned is from 2005 yet you won't be anywhere close to 50 fps even at the lowest settings at which it looks like garbage anyway. Also, "can you run it" is useless, 99% of minimum / recommended specs are not accurate AT ALL, especially for a different resolution and 50-60 fps (and an integrated graphics whose level of performance is like a 256 or 512 mb vram dedicated gpu, any 1GB vram dedicated gpu will far outperform HD 4600). The requirements on that site might as well be random. The only thing you might learn from site is that LoL is a less heavy game than Witcher 3, otherwise it's useless

Your CPU is pretty good, won't bottleneck anything until gtx 1060 level of performance. Like others said, get another 4 GB ram and a cheap 2nd hand GPU and you're good to go, you'll have a decent gaming rig (if we don't count the fact that this resolution is horrible, but we do with what we have)

P.S. Nfs Rivals is a biiiiiiiig no, it's waaaaaaaaaay too demanding for your HD 4600, like I said all that will happen if you try to play it is that you'll torture yourself and end up frustrated, but you'll realize that yourself if you decide to try anyway, I certainly wouldn't listen if someone told me not to try, you gotta chase your dreams, no matter what happens

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.