Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hi,
3 days ago I dig to the Chinese version of Q360 website and found a lot of things:)
I guess they never thought a guy like me will visit there and didn't expect it:notworthy:
The language on that website is Chinese I mean you can't find anything except than Chinese.
360官网 - 360安全软件 - 360智能硬件 - 360智能家居 - 360企业服务
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
First, I have to say my English is not that enough good so...:notworthy:

What did I find?:
1-They have an av call 360 Safeguard and it's only for their ppl, so I just downloaded it but the language was Chinese then I tried to take a capture of the settings and translate those images with Yandex to figure what kind of feature it has:cautious:

360安全卫士11 - 360
The engines they are using on this:

360 cloud killing the engine
Scanning speed than the traditional anti-virus engine faster more than 10 times, no need to frequently upgrade the Trojan library

360 heuristic engine
Automation distinguish the normal procedures and abnormal procedures, to quickly locate the virus-infected file

QEX script killing the engine
Quickly identify malicious scripts, strong clear Office macro virus, CAD virus, script virus

QVM artificial intelligence engine

The bad thing is when I installed it the Eset alert me about the inbound connection but I didn't care and allowed them because I wanted to work with their tools for a while.
Believe me or not this thing is different I just scanned my pc and it picked up some files I mean the detection was wired and good(later I removed this tool and installed Q360 but I scanned the same files and it didn't catch them:notworthy: so I found the detections are different)
It also has a lot of features that arent exists in Q360(plus its not using bd engine and you can only enable Avira engine and instead of BD engine it's using a HEUR detection engine which is not available in Q360)

2-I noticed the av didn't offer anything from Ashampoo, Opera, Glasswire or other tools that exist in the international version of Q360 when you want to install it:notworthy:

If these tools are good why they don't offer it to their ppl?Imao:D
I tried to search more and found they offer all of the premium features on Q360 for free but only to their ppl.
In fact, these tools are just beta and testing by Chinese but when the bugs gone they place some of them in the premium version in Q360 but not all of them and the good tools will remain in China:notworthy:

If you DW that AV you can easily install everything from that store(I'm not sure what was that but smth like a store)
A lot of privacy, security and utility tools all for free of charge;)

There are also many tools that they never offered to us like:
Software updater and uninstaller(this one could even find the beta version of Sandboxie for me I mean I never saw a software updater that can find available beta versions!this is wired Idk how they created that database but a powerful software updater)
You have to dw that av if you want to use it!

Another tool is disk rescue!This tool is kind of good! it has good features but the language is Chinese.
360系统急救箱 _360安全中心
Driver Updater!
this one is also good and reliable and you can DW it without installing that av.

360驱动大师_360安全中心
The funny thing is they have a website and forum for every software they created:notworthy:

I guess not everyone knows that Qihoo 360 owned opera last year, I'm just curious why can't see Anything about opera on that website.
Seems they don't like to let their ppl use opera
:notworthy:

Opera browser sold to a Chinese consortium for $600 million
They have 2 special browser one is 360 secure browser and another one is 360 browser speed.
I just tired the secure browsers and like it but the language was Chinese:cautious:
Personally, I like this Q360 and I will use it(because of it free) but I suggest yours if you are not using Q360 there is no reason to use opera!

The end:p

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
roger_m They have great, fast and reliable tools.
This av is much better than Q360 because these engines don't exist in Q360! we should contact and ask them!
360 heuristic engine
QEX script killing the engine

Good engines!LOL
P.s from what I found they only share their useless software with us... not good and handy tools like that rescue disk.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Wow @Sunshine-boy , you certainly did do some digging around, i wonder why they only provide some of these tools to certain countries :unsure: Is this a paid for AV or is it free ? Surely, if people are paying, they should be entitled to the same tools as others get. Anyway, great detective work friend (y)

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
All tools for free and I couldn't find anything about the price on that website.
I mean the premium features are free for Chinese but paid for us:D
About that browsers, there is no English version but I found a portable and cracked version of them on a Russian website:D they translated it to English and Russian:ROFLMAO:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
All tools for free and I couldn't find anything about the price on that website.
I mean the premium features are free for Chinese but paid for us:D
About that browsers, there is no English version but I found a portable and cracked version of them on a Russian website:D they translated it to English and Russian:ROFLMAO:

Well that doesn't seem fair to me, if chinese people get it for free but other countries don't o_O

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Can you get premium features while having chinese VPN on? Or is there a more complex geo-restriction/registration required to prove you are actually a chinese? :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm, good thinking but knowing how secretive the chinese state are, you probably need your identity scrutinised or have to provide documents of some sort, scan your passport, fingerprint technology, 8 step authentication, iris recognition, facial recognititon or in fact all of those things:p and more !!!

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
360 Extreme Explorer (which is shown as 360 Speed Browser when translated by Google) installs in English. There are a very few minor things which have not been translated and are still in Chinese. I was using it for quite some time, but replaced it with Cent Browser a few months ago, as there a long period where it was not updated. But, it is updated regularly again now.

There's a thread about it here at MalwareTips.
360 Extreme Explorer

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
360 Extreme Explorer
I tried this 360 Extreme Explorer before but it has another name 360 Browser Download and never got an update (or English websites just didn't release the new versions).
it's using the outdated version of chrome.. but fast:notworthy:
Why don't they update it to the new chrome version?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.