Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
2-I noticed the av didn't offer anything from Ashampoo, Opera, Glasswire or other tools that exist in the international version of Q360 when you want to install it:notworthy:

If these tools are good why they don't offer it to their ppl?Imao:D
Probably because the listed software is marketed towards Western audiences. I'm betting none of them has any real install base in China thus no reason for Qihoo to push them on their users. Also Ashampoo and Opera make software that directly competes with Qihoo's own software offerings (antivirus/browser) so there'd be no sense in offering competing software to their biggest market.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I wonder if that bug bounty programme counts also for malware bypassing Qihoo 360 Total Security, like ones injecting to legit processes, or leading to any sign of system compromise (see former Malware Vault threads for examples).

Not sure about:

"Vulnerability Assessment Standard:
Each qualified vulnerability report will be rated by its severity. The classifications from high to low are Critical, High, Moderate and Low.(No bounty will be awarded if the vulnerability reported is rated Low.
Low = Avoiding Defense"

360 Security Response Center

@PAM101 @Qihoo 360 Support Team

Might do a test on yesterdays Pack in the Vault trying to bring up examples.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I wonder if that bug bounty programme counts also for malware bypassing Qihoo 360 Total Security, like ones injecting to legit processes, or leading to any sign of system compromise (see former Malware Vault threads for examples).

Not sure about:

"Vulnerability Assessment Standard:
Each qualified vulnerability report will be rated by its severity. The classifications from high to low are Critical, High, Moderate and Low.(No bounty will be awarded if the vulnerability reported is rated Low.
Low = Avoiding Defense"

360 Security Response Center

Might do a test on yesterdays Pack in the Vault trying to bring up examples.
I think that should be a clear demonstration of what I'm speaking about...
https://malwaretips.com/threads/super-pack-32-08-12-2017.77936/#post-695777

According to the results on this pack, there's a lot to be addressed in Qihoo 360 Total Security.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
All tools for free and I couldn't find anything about the price on that website.
I mean the premium features are free for Chinese but paid for us:D
About that browsers, there is no English version but I found a portable and cracked version of them on a Russian website:D they translated it to English and Russian:ROFLMAO:

- Links links could you share these Chinese browser Russian links here, please?

I've downloaded now this 360Browser from Softpedia link...version 7.5.2.110 - Kernel version 31.0.1650.63, "based on the Chromium"
For https://youtube.com/html5 - I have "Invalid Server Certificate" red Security Error page, with "Back to safety" button!

In Advanced settings/Privacy: you have "Clear browsing data" possibility only...

For Chrome Web Store - too "Invalid Server Certificate" red Security Error page..."Back to Safety"...

- so I'm back to safety cause removed this browser, from mes Programs folder- 281 MB.
Left 360Browser folder with User Data in Local Settings (7.01 MB = 7184 KB) - I've deleted.
In Registry, CCleaner cleaned 12 items (invalid, obsolete, Open with...)

...and it confuses, scrambles the small fonts (each letter is with the dot above) in each quotation in the answers to previous posts, but with the browser reboot, this problem doesn't show up anymore.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
You can download the latest version of 360 Extreme Explorer from its website. You don't need a translated version, as it natively supports English language, although there are few minor things which have not been translated.
Thanks roger, but I don't feel any more envy for downloading this browser...
- look on my post above

Reactions: AtlBo

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
The version you mentioned is outdated(i used it before)! the last version is 9.0.1...! I'm using 360 Extreme Explorer as a GF for Yandex:notworthy: its the fastest brsower I have ever seen but using the old chrome verison(55)!
There is no English version but I found some repacks made by some Ru websites!! I'm using it:notworthy: it's not virus or malware just a repack!! they translated the Chinese version to English.
Uploadfiles.io - 360_extreme_explorer_9.0.1.152.zip

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
The version you mentioned is outdated(i used it before)! the last version is 9.0.1...! I'm using 360 Extreme Explorer as a GF for Yandex:notworthy: its the fastest brsower I have ever seen but using the old chrome verison(55)!
There is no English version but I found some repacks made by some Ru websites!! I'm using it:notworthy: it's not virus or malware just a repack!! they translated the Chinese version to English.
Uploadfiles.io - 360_extreme_explorer_9.0.1.152.zip
It's NOT portable, it's .exe, 360 Extreme Explorer Setup file inside unpacked folder.
I prefer portable version, though.

- I prefer all browser portable versions, yandex too...

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Ye, it not portable but why do you care? there are portable versions but I don't trust them!I told you before use Cameyo:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.