Advice Request What is 360 Browser like?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
It's not that bad, but I personally don't like qihoo (their privacy issues etc). There are lots of good browser on the market, so I actually don't see a reason why you should use this software (same with for example the avira browser)

Nerdie

Level 1
Jan 13, 2016
It's not that bad, but I personally don't like qihoo (their privacy issues etc). There are lots of good browser on the market, so I actually don't see a reason why you should use this software (same with for example the avira browser)

What exactly do you mean by their "privacy" issues? Most people do not trust them because of them being a Chinese product.

Reactions: kev216

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Qihoo did offered a 360 browser, however it appears to have been discontinued in favor of their 360 extreme browser.

Which has a thread here
360 Extreme Explorer
Last time I checked, the english wasn't very complete. Guess that's why it still doesn't appear on the website.

EDIT: And that people is what happens when you take too long to post...Somebody else post the link before you :oops:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my view, balance in terms of performance since its been implemented by Chrome or Chromium engine alongside of their protection module; but likely some people may tend to choose others instead due to scary 'privacy' issues.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
What exactly do you mean by their "privacy" issues? Most people do not trust them because of them being a Chinese product.
You already say it, it's a chinese product. And according to many articles like this Privacy Issues With China's Qihoo 360 Technology, Which Provides Free Antivirus Software, Are Becoming More Public; But Qihoo Strongly Rebuts Accusations they've been accused of collecting people's data. If it's true, idk, and their av is very good apart from this, but when using a browser, i think there are (better) alternatives which are quite more waterproof and you don't need to take the 'risk' since it's just a browser. But of course it's the user's choice. ;)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I don't know why people say that 360 has privacy issues, did you read the ToS, EULA ... of your AV? If not, you should.

I'm using WPS and I used 360 on my PC at work. Most Chinese products are ok :)

Reactions: kev216 and shukla44

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I don't know why people say that 360 has privacy issues, did you read the ToS, EULA ... of your AV? If not, you should.

I'm using WPS and I used 360 on my PC at work. Most Chinese products are ok :)
I have to admit that maybe every AV product or browser has it's downsides and want to make money. Maybe the press is pushing it a bit too much, that's true. If you like their products, why not using it of course, but I just don't feel the need to use their browser. :) But they are of course ok, look at qihoo's av, which is very very popular and has very decent results in various tests. It just depends on the user if they trust it / like it or not. ;)

Reactions: shukla44

Nerdie

Level 1
Jan 13, 2016
You already say it, it's a chinese product. And according to many articles like this Privacy Issues With China's Qihoo 360 Technology, Which Provides Free Antivirus Software, Are Becoming More Public; But Qihoo Strongly Rebuts Accusations they've been accused of collecting people's data. If it's true, idk, and their av is very good apart from this, but when using a browser, i think there are (better) alternatives which are quite more waterproof and you don't need to take the 'risk' since it's just a browser. But of course it's the user's choice. ;)

It being a Chinese product may scare some people but I highly doubt they have anything to worry about. When you first start installing the product it clearly asks you if you would like it to collect anonymous data to make the product better. You can easily opt-out of it. Plus other antiviruses such as avast! was spying on its users by using adware.

Reactions: kev216

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
It being a Chinese product may scare some people but I highly doubt they have anything to worry about. When you first start installing the product it clearly asks you if you would like it to collect anonymous data to make the product better. You can easily opt-out of it. Plus other antiviruses such as avast! was spying on its users by using adware.
That's true. No AV product is waterproof and Avast and Bitdefender also have been accused indeed. Qihoo has a very strong AV, and everyone is free to use it or not as I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.