What is a good light weight security config? (Win 10)

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
I decided I will dualboot Ubuntu with Windows because gaming on Linux just wont work for me. The only time I will be using windows is to game, so I want a light, but secure configuration. So what is the most secure configuration I can get for the lightest system impact? I was thinking Comodo Cloud + Windows Firewall. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Comodo Cloud is a different product than Comodo Firewall or Comodo IS. It doesn't have the Firewall/Sandbox so it's the worst of the worst AVs out there. If you want something lightweight, but still decent, then you could try Eset, Norton or maybe just stick with Windows Defender anyway.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
I use EAM + Voodoo Shield premium.
1.PNG

2.PNG

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Comodo Cloud is a different product than Comodo Firewall or Comodo IS. It doesn't have the Firewall/Sandbox so it's the worst of the worst AVs out there. If you want something lightweight, but still decent, then you could try Eset, Norton or maybe just stick with Windows Defender anyway.

This is untrue. Comodo Cloud does not include Comodo firewall, but it does use Sandboxing, Cloud analysis, Behavior Blocking, and more. From tests on youtube, Comodo Cloud prevented every single infection attempt, just not through their signatures.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
This is untrue. Comodo Cloud does not include Comodo firewall, but it does use Sandboxing, Cloud analysis, Behavior Blocking, and more. From tests on youtube, Comodo Cloud prevented every single infection attempt, just not through their signatures.

Good catch Luke, Comodo Cloud is not a bad idea at all. Its light and does more then the average free product.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Having run a "Windows 4 Gaming only" config a few times, I have found on a Win10 Pro x64 the best (for me)
was a set up with Emsisoft and VS * (Lite Config), or a very minimal config with DeepArmor & VS * (UltraLite Config).
Good luck with whatever you decide to do ;)
* = Both had WFC snap-in installed

D

Deleted member 178

You want play games like a serious Hardcore Gamer (like Umbra was) ?

Dont use AV ! you will lose FPS !

Just use virtualization like Shadow Defender (turn it on when gaming) or Rollback RX (reload the baseline at every boot); then with time disable every services of Windows not related to gaming.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
That's like: Don't use Windows! You will loose FPS. Use Linux with a lightweight desktop! I wouldn't follow the tip of @Umbra. A good lightweight AV will consume nearly 0% CPU power while gaming.
You and @Umbra are both right. Games should in theory work better on Linux (but they often don't). Yet, when on Windows, the AV tries always to do something (updating signatures, scan files, etc.) in the worst moment.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Oops - I doubled my post.:sick:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.