What is Auto-GPT and why are hustle bros happy?

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
The goal of Auto-GPT is to "make GPT-4 fully autonomous." For people looking to optimize their productivity (a hustle bro tenet), that's a dream come true. ChatGPT was already taking hustle culture to the next level. After it launched, social media was flooded with ChatGPT hustlers flaunting ways — legitimate or not — of using the LLM to automate jobs like copywriting, setting up affiliate marketing content, and even making tutorials on Udemy, as The Verge reported. But such schemes still required human input to nudge ChatGPT to the next step. With Auto-GPT, you can simply describe what you want your AI to do, outline up to five goals, then kick up your feet and pat yourself on the back for outsmarting the system.

billink

Level 1
Feb 8, 2023
I do support technology development designed to save time and automate tasks, but this is just... I mean. where does it end? Things have been "simplified" enough, and all the tools and integrations allow you to work in fields you haven't studied for years. You want to earn with affiliate marketing? You don't have to be a web designer, you can read a couple of tutorials, and you'll be able to get things started. Voila, there's your blog or website. Even tracking and analyzing nowadays is not rocket science; for example, here's an affiliate dashboard where it's all laid out for you. With a plugin or two, you're good to go. I could illustrate it the same way for copywriting, Udemy tutorials, you name it. But that wasn't enough, it seems we desperately needed a tool that would do absolutely everything instead of us and a "young man wearing a CEO beanie" to tell us: “You can become a millionaire just using ChatGPT, I guarantee you.” There's a chance I'm exaggerating, but are we trying to skip anything related to learning and working and become...well, useless?

• Applause
Reactions: plat and vtqhtr413

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Here's an example of an AI-generated pizza commercial.....No. I do not think so. (maybe it's a joke-compilation, I dunno).

Some of the thread's comments are hilarious. "Secret things"??? 😱🥶

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
This is no puny chatbot. AutoGPT is a stack of AIs, managed by other AIs. It goes and gets jobs done for you, figuring things out step by step and adjusting on the fly. It's an early, but janky glimpse at how autonomous AI will change your life. AutoGPT is an open source project by Significant Gravitas designed to take GPT to the next level. Effectively, you set it an end goal, and AutoGPT is designed to role-play as a project manager, breaking the task down into steps and delegating those steps to other AIs by writing its own task-specific prompts. It'll analyze the results as it goes, making sure its AI "subcontractors" are staying on track and delivering what they're supposed to, and it'll either proceed with the master plan to the end, or adjust and try different strategies if it decides it needs to.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
The Google exec makes a pretty good case. Aided in large part by a major leak of Meta's advanced language model, LLaMa, small and scrappy open-source models like AutoGPT have made major strides in recent months.

And to that end, it's one thing to have visible, tangible competition like Meta and Microsoft-slash-OpenAI. Fighting an arms race against what's effectively the open web, where users can learn and borrow from each other and tailor development to their personal needs, is another beast entirely.

"I don't think I need something as powerful as GPT-4 for a lot of things that I want to do," Simon Willison, a programmer and tech analyst and blogger, told NBC.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.