Advice Request what is happening with Comodo updates

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I though I saw somewhere that the final update is coming out for Comodo Cloud AV with Valkyrie integration is coming out late December. if anyone knows please say. also what is happening with Comodo Internet Security version 9. I would just like to know what is happening over there at Comodo it seems like they are a bit unorganized to me.

Thanks Best Regards,
Andrew

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
"Hello Everybody!
smiley.gif

We wish our precious CIS users a wonderful Happy New Year !

New Year will come with the new beginnings, fresh starts and joyful experiences with the new features & new products for CIS Users ! By the end of the year you have met with our new product Comodo Cloud AV. We are preparing for its major release that will be done by the mid of January.

With the first quarter of the year you will also meet with the new version of CIS ; CIS 9. We are very excited to share with you our new upcoming design!

Kind Regards
Buket "

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Just like @technology quoted:
New Year will come with the new beginnings, fresh starts and joyful experiences with the new features & new products for CIS Users ! By the end of the year you have met with our new product Comodo Cloud AV. We are preparing for its major release that will be done by the mid of January.

With the first quarter of the year you will also meet with the new version of CIS ; CIS 9. We are very excited to share with you our new upcoming design!
SOURCE: CIS Best Feature of The Year 2015 - News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
This is typical from comodo they never release on they estimated dates xD.

Comodo = :
Great idea
Great product (with some bugs)
Bad Melih
Bad Hype
Bad feedback*
*Forum moderated by voluntaries, not from Comodo (Bad)
*They take decisions based on fanboys not by importance, relevance, etc (Bad)

Comodo with greater directives = the best xD

H

hjlbx

I though I saw somewhere that the final update is coming out for Comodo Cloud AV with Valkyrie integration is coming out late December :confused:. If anyone knows please say. Also what is happening with Comodo Internet Security version 9? I would just like to know what is happening over there at Comodo it seems like they are a bit unorganized to me.

Thanks Best Regards,
Andrew

The earliest for both CCAV and CIS 9 will be sometime in 1st quarter of 2016; either one or both might come later.

COMODO provides "release date" guidance, but it is not a firm release date.

So, in other words, there is no such thing as a firm COMODO update release date.

Plus, now they have to contend with infrastructure damage in Chennai, India that has a direct impact on the various COMODO application safe lists.

Remember, COMODO has a large Enterprise division which means they can only devote a certain portion of resources to home users.

Yes, yes, yes... of course this is all a pain and disappointment, but that is just how it goes.

Best attitude to adopt is "It gets here when it gets here."

I'd rather wait 10 months for a release if they actually fix a whole bunch of things...

COMODO is more organized now than it has ever been; there are a lot of internal changes that have been made within the past 6 months to a year. I have seen the greatest improvements in COMODO over the past year.

H

hjlbx

This is typical from comodo they never release on they estimated dates xD.

Comodo = :
Great idea
Great product (with some bugs)
Bad Melih
Bad Hype
Bad feedback*
*Forum moderated by voluntaries, not from Comodo (Bad)
*They take decisions based on fanboys not by importance, relevance, etc (Bad)

Comodo with greater directives = the best xD

COMODO forum Moderators - well some at least - are bullies...

All you have to do to enrage one of the bullies - and probably get kicked off the forum - is to openly ask for the firm release date for CIS 9 !

I have been reliably informed that Melih now personally directing development of Comodo Internet Security.

Despite what your impression of Melih might be, that he has taken over development is a good thing...

D

Deleted member 2913

I though I saw somewhere that the final update is coming out for Comodo Cloud AV with Valkyrie integration is coming out late December :confused:. If anyone knows please say. Also what is happening with Comodo Internet Security version 9? I would just like to know what is happening over there at Comodo it seems like they are a bit unorganized to me.

Thanks Best Regards,
Andrew
Yes they are totally unorganized. And I feel many a times they mention things without any real ground work.

CIS 9 Beta was suppose to release this September & now they have mentioned first quarter of 2016. I wonder on what basis previously they had mentioned September. So I say feels like they mention things without any real ground work & false talks.

CCAV final was suppose to release in Dec 12. But users requested another Beta & final was postponed. Now final is suppose to release in mid Jan. Ideally they should release another Beta or RC with bug fixes & requested features. But I bet they will directly release final in Jan.

Standalone Sandbox was suppose to release in Dec. No info nothing on Comodo forum.

Browsers - Everytime they mention things are in order now & fast releases will be there. But still always late for latest version & give no info.

Comodo Time Machine - Melih himself mentioned next week, screenshots, bla bla boo boo & CTM disappeared like ghost.

And requesting info on Comodo forum will get you a warning or ban. Couple Mods there overreact & unnecessarily harsh. They act like Comodo Hot-Shot Lawyers & their purpose seems to serve notice (warning) & judgement (ban) to users requesting products info & criticizing Comodo for their unorganized & untimely manners.

Just see the activity on Comodo forums nowadays. It seems dead. You post a query for help & will hardly receive any reply. But you request products info, etc... & Mods will come in secs with a warning & ban. Couple Mods there are not Mods but Dictators.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Just see the activity on Comodo forums nowadays. It seems dead. You post a query for help & will hardly receive any reply. But you request products info, etc... & Mods will come in secs with a warning & ban. Couple Mods there are not Mods but Dictators.

Over the past few years this is how COMODO forum has been... there is little, if any help to be found on the forum. Once in a while you might get really lucky and get long-time user that knows what they are talking about respond to your query.

COMODO does not want to administer forum, so they turn it over to volunteer Moderators.

H

hjlbx

people complain too much about Comodo in my opinion, go use something else then; works great for me.

It works for me. I guess I am one of lucky few.

Yes, yes, yes... it does have bugs. However, nothing that is of great detriment to protections.

I just point out the truth about COMODO.

There is no harm in that... the truth is the truth.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014

Yes, yes, yes... it does have bugs. However, nothing that is of great detriment to protections.

Yes man you see people talking about the same stuff but from other AV's all over the forums? all I read is a about Comodo, people forgot the rest 20+ AV suits outhere with similar or different but bad stories on their side, but guess what, they are not like Comodo ones, Comodo is like "Lets all talk about all Comodo fails, and issues".

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
H

hjlbx

Yes man you see people talking about the same stuff but from other AV's all over the forums? all I read is a about Comodo, people forgot the rest 20+ AV suits outhere with similar or different but bad stories on their side, but guess what, they are not like Comodo ones, Comodo is like "Lets all talk about all Comodo fails, and issues".

Go to Kaspersky, ESET or most any security soft forum and read bitter complaints... LOL.

Some users want to line up all security soft developers and put a bullet in their heads.

I think Bitdefender is at the top of the "hit list."

D

Deleted member 2913

The product itself works for me too.

But as you have said...truth about Comodo & no harm in that...truth is truth.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
COMODO Firewall (and recently COMODO Internet Security) has worked for me since version 3.
And it is obvious that people can have and support an opinion of their own.

However, as with ANYTHING in this existence, there are some definite truths about COMODO, good and bad, which can be universally accepted.

Reactions: Andrew999
H

hjlbx

COMODO is unwanted bastard step-child of all AVs... LOL.

For whatever reason(s), COMODO just attracts those that spread FUD.

After using COMODO for a good while I just move on and complain less and less. I know how it works. It protects my system. Wasting my time complaining is pointless because it just is what it is...

Are there things that need to be improved?

Of course.

Is COMODO much worse than the average security soft vendor?

I think not...

Does COMODO deserve all the controversy and bad attitude?

I think in some respects "Yes" and "No."

Does the same apply to most any other security soft vendor?

I think "Yes."

Is there any security soft vendor that is light-years ahead of COMODO - and does almost everything "right"?

I think "No."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.