Advice Request What is the AMD video board that competes with the RTX 2080?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I would like to know which AMD board is competing with the NVIDIA RTX 2080 for you. Thank you in advance. Greetings.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
and with the rx vega 56 you can also play in 4k?
Yes you can. If you can get Vega 64 LC its really good. Also, you can play with HDR monitor on Vega w/ little or no impact on FPS unlike Nvidia pascal.
At 4k you need to turn down some particle effects if you want 60 FPS. If you have Freesync 2 monitor then it'll switch between 40-55 FPS on ultra settings on most games.

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2016
Vega 64 is same as 1080. It can't match the performance of 1080Ti. I mean you can certainly go and watch YT videos but I have done the comparison myself on amd and intel rig. I could see the FPS difference.

AMD has not released anything that can compete with 2080 or 2080 Ti.

PS: There are a lot of failure reports of these gpus. (20 series) avoid getting those and wait for acknowledgement from Nvidia. First generation is always full of bugs. Get it when they start production of 2nd gen.

You could go for Asus Rog Strix OC 1080Ti. I am using that beast now and it's a powerhouse!

Correction: Minor changes to quoting card names.

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Vega 64 is same as 1080. It can't match the performance of 1080Ti. I mean you can certainly go and watch YT videos but I have done the comparison myself on amd and intel rig. I could see the FPS difference.

AMD has not released anything that can compete with 2080 or 2080 Ti.

PS: There are a lot of failure reports of these gpus. (20 series) avoid getting those and wait for acknowledgement from Nvidia. First generation is always full of bugs. Get it when they start production of 2nd gen.

You could go for Asus Rog Strix OC 1080Ti. I am using that beast now and it's a powerhouse!

Correction: Minor changes to quoting card names.
Acc. to Gamers Nexus founders cards are the culprit than 3rd party GPU designs and non-reference cooling and components.

Reactions: eonline

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hi, I would like to know which AMD board is competing with the NVIDIA RTX 2080 for you. Thank you in advance. Greetings.
There's no equivalent from AMD that can compete with RTX 2080
ScreenShot00129.jpg

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
The current Top Tier AMD card is the VEGA 64 on a 14nm architecture, i believe. While Nvidia just came out with their new RTX 12nm series, but it was not exactly a crowd pleaser in terms of price to performance ratio.

I would say get a GTX 1080 for now depending on what you need.

Have a look here about the top of the range Nvidia GPUs vs AMD VEGA 64 - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 benchmarks: better than the GTX 1080 Ti?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Agreed, I just got a few 1070Ti's from desperate coin miners a few months ago, rock solid, fast.

The jump to the 12nm series hasn't been without issue, also the price increase vs performance increase is flat and arguably, not worth it. I'd get a 1070Ti right now and wait for the 3000 series for your next upgrade after, which should be a significant jump.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.