Advice Request what is the best cloud backup service

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
im thinking of going with a cloud backup but dnt know where to start i have acronis image backup but i dnt know if there cloud sevice is good or not and i have like 300gb t ostore

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Open 6 MEGA or 3 SurDoc accounts. Put them a good passwords and backup your data using a desktop client downloaded from official sites. MEGA is "mega-secured"

Reactions: Oxygen

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
just bought a 500gb external HDD off ebay its cheaper than paying $8 per month to trust your personal data with strangers

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@jamescv7 SkyDrive is now called OneDrive, due to a legal dispute from BSkyB.

@dragonmew Use cloud services for data backup and sync, not to upload OS system images. Now you have an external HDD, you can use for both data and system images.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
yes i just thought why pay like $8 a month for cloud storage when if i spent £30 which is cheaper than $8 per month for an external HDD and i know where my data is stored and who is looking at it. i got a toshiba 500gb hdd for like £30 of ebay brand new

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.