Advice Request what is the Lighter internet security

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

obada321

Thread author
Nov 1, 2012
Hello there

I make format for my computer and now I need a light and strong internet security for my pc

The internet security must be light and not very strong

What the best

1-comodo

2-ESET

3-Avast

4_Norton

there are no problems from the active and serial

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All the ones you have listed are considered 'light and strong'. Just remember, RAM usage does not determine the lightness of a product. If you have an older CPU, you may want to disable scheduled scanning from avast!, Comodo, ESET and Norton (if possible).

Comodo is the most feature-rich suite that you get for FREE. Since version 6, they have increased the amount of processes, which some don't like. It also comes with a lot of bloatware (Dragon, GeekBuddy, Silverlight). So while it allows the product to function better, choosing to not install them, does not affect PC Protection. Tips: GeekBuddy is not required for malware removal upon detection.

ESET is one of the better Antivirus without bloatware, but people complain of it's higher than average RAM usage, but please see what I said before about this.

Avast works for some and not so well for others. Also comes with a lot of bloatware, that does not increase PC security and new components aren't always security-related. Note: During and after (reboot) installation, you'll get prompted to install either Google Chrome and Google Toolbar, these are are not required.

Norton have much improved over the past 5 years, one of the better paid products. Not used the latest, 2014 version. Norton comes with a toolbar with a Password Manager and Web Advisor, that may or not be compatible with the latest versions of Firefox (always had these issues), should work with Chrome and IE9+ if you have Enhanced Protected Mode disabled.

zeff

Level 1
Dec 18, 2011
I used all of 3 security program except comodo . I found ESET is lightest among three . But it took much time to remove detected threat even scanning 4 /8 GB USB drive take more time in comparison to AVAST and Nortan.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Detection -> Avast
Prevention -> Norton
Lightness -> For me, both are light.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
AVG is the lightest according to me, because i was using it on my 6 year old pc just 1 year back, I guess it still have the same kind of performance. But i suggest u to use Bitdefender IS, Its lighter and currently i'm using it on my new pc. Its just consuming around 2% of my cpu when not scanning, and 2 MB of memory, then 5% and 10MB respectively when scanning. You can get more details and compare here http://internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com/ and choose. According to reviews Norton is Lighter and safer.

D

Deleted member 178

Webroot SA is surely among the lightest ones not to day the lightest

obada321

Thread author
Nov 1, 2012
thank you all

now please help me to choose the best for this

Avast

webroot

or

comodo

what is your opinion

D

Deleted member 178

The question is not not which is the best but which fit you the best. What you usually do with your computer?

Reactions: Littlebits

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I've paired Comodo firewall with WSA. Great combo and really light. Since CFW is free you really can't afford not to use it. It gives you the auto-sandbox, HIPS and cloud scanner.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I usually pair that combo with Sandboxie too. WSA new web scanner is giving me issues with some websites. RIght now I'm using CFW, sandboxie and ESet AV. I had a license laying around for eset.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
If you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 know how to utilize UAC, always only download files from trusted sources and always keep your software updated then Microsoft Security Essentials/ Windows Defender with Windows Firewall will be simple, light and efficient.

However if you don't know how to use UAC correctly and don't know how to safely download files then you might need a stronger setup.
Your actions will determine how strong of setup that you will need.

Thanks. :D

D

Deleted member 178

thank you very much

my last question

Why I choose WSA Not BA(baidu antivirus)

thanks

It is just a matter of taste , i prefer WSA because i beta-test it permanently so i know its potential. Just try both and choose the one that fit you

D

Deleted member 178

Go with v6 it is more secured. V5 is more for tweakers like me

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.