What is this suspicious malware detected on Kaspersky?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yeah TeamViewer, and thats no surprise.
I had an issue where I was using teamviewer to edit a friends INI file for Americas Army (the game) he needed a custom
resolution, well we get done and we exit TV and I made some changes too so we rebooted and gamed for a couple hours.
I get ready for bed and Windows alerts, I walk into the next room and TeamViewer had launched all by itself. I have never used it again.
I reported it to TeamViewer the next morning and they basically called me a liar.
This was about 2 to 3 months before all the security issues were discovered a couple years ago .
Yeah I steer clear of TeamViewer ;)

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Yeah TeamViewer, and thats no surprise.
I had an issue where I was using teamviewer to edit a friends INI file for Americas Army (the game) he needed a custom
resolution, well we get done and we exit TV and I made some changes too so we rebooted and gamed for a couple hours.
I get ready for bed and Windows alerts, I walk into the next room and TeamViewer had launched all by itself. I have never used it again.
I reported it to TeamViewer the next morning and they basically called me a liar.
This was about 2 to 3 months before all the security issues were discovered a couple years ago .
Yeah I steer clear of TeamViewer ;)
I do not love Teamviewer too because many security holes on it, but I have no choices, I use it to repair regularly errors on my parents machines when I'm far away

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
It seems a generic detection (.gen) so maybe a false positive, who knows, I would sent it to KL VirusDesk as false positive and wait the verdict or confirmation... also: why a TeamViewer file in cache of Chrome? :oops::confused: suspicious...
I think because I access Teamviewer website to view their Quick Support softwares and give the link to my friends for downloading. I've just accessed Teamviewer page before this file detected on Kaspersky

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Also and in addition to harlan4096 , if you don't like to reload the suspicious file from Quarantine :
1) Go to the Kaspersky Quarantine Folder "C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP17\QB\"
2) Submit the "*.klq"-file to Kaspersky Lab

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
As I've recently experienced, phone scammers are using TV as the remote control software of choice when duping people into allowing them remote access victim's laptops/PC's and holding them to ransom. Not TV's fault per-se but the whole situation has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.