Advice Request What is your favorite VPN?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I know we have a thread on this that is pretty outdated, so I want everyone to chime in with their favorite VPN's these days, whether it is a paid or free version.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
ZenMate for Google Chrome, Steganos online shield, Cyberghost.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Currently ZenMate for Google Chrome.

ad18

Verified
Jan 19, 2013
Private Internet Access. Fast(699 servers) and good privacy policy.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
CyberGhost 5 Premium - Speed and reliability keeps me using it.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Gnosis said:
How much does CyberGhost 5 cost?

For me $0, I've managed to use CyberGhost Premium for 2 years with nothing but taking advantage of the free promotions offering 6 - 12 month licenses.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I tried out CyberGhost but it does not like XP. LOL
I doubt many of you will have that problem.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
CyberGhost if i have time to wait for few second until it start properly or Hotspot shield (For quick)
but it is very rare for me to use VPN some sites is ban in my country so i am choosing https://ultraproxy.us/ or justproxy.co.uk to fool my isp that is enough for me.I try one to extention like cocoon but they are not fast.Pluse site like justproxy.co.uk offers no script,no cookies feature too that is enough for me.I am not a Tom cruz of MI :D

For me $0, I've managed to use CyberGhost Premium for 2 years with nothing but taking advantage of the free promotions offering 6 - 12 month licenses.
Me too but now my all 6 licence gone after reformatting :(

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Prorootect said:
for ultraproxy.us link!
Thank you too for remind me about this software via your awesome thread on this software.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Private-and-Secure-Anonymous-Web-Surfing

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
Prorootect said:
for ultraproxy.us link!
Thank you too for remind me about this software via your awesome thread on this software.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Private-and-Secure-Anonymous-Web-Surfing

Thank you!
517mgk.gif

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
im supporting a canadian company SURFEASY total VPN for 50 dollars a year for unlimited use

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Never used a VPN but currently using ZenMate in Google Chrome. Zenmate is not at all slowing down the Internet.
---------
Can any one tell me the advantages of using VPN.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@MrExplorer
"Can any one tell me the advantages of using VPN."
well i read a post by CG once on my FB account and here is what i like in CG
Following the latest rumors about NSA and its connected Intelligence Services, many of you Ghosties are concerned about the decryption program called ‘Bullrun’ which is said to be able to hack SSL and VPNs – along with the equal alarming news that a lot of US companies have been forced to implement backdoors to their services.

But, and it’s a big ‘BUT’ here, we need to differentiate between an eligible concern and unfounded fears. The encryption line of battle has not been broken yet. It’s under heavy attack, no doubt about that, but good encryption still works the way it should: Protecting your data!
Regarding CyberGhost we’d like to ensure you that CyberGhost VPN is still a good friend:
1. We don’t use any of the maybe hacked or unsafe technologies, instead we began even before ‘Bullrun’ became public, to provide the VPN tunnel to and on ALL our servers (Free and Premium) with AES with 256 bit key length. There are no hints that AES-256 is even near to be hacked. In fact, at present it’s much more likely the earth will fall into the sun than the NSA will be able to decrypt 256 bit AES secured data. (This goes also for TrueCrypt, so don’t fall for any propaganda claiming TrueCrypt is a threat and guiding you to real unsafe technologies like Psyop.)
2. Our Windows client as well as the announced Mac OS X and Android client are based on OpenVPN. This protocol is Open Source and controlled by a worldwide community of programmers and therefore backdoor free.
3. We run our business under the Romanian legislation and can’t be forced by the NSA to take part in their goal for worldwide espionage. No backdoors included!
4. Some still in use SSL components will steadily be exchanged and updated – even though they are commonly not yet be seen as unsafe.
http://blog.cyberghostvpn.com/outrunning-nsas-bullrun/

For me the advantage is some time i feel my isp or goverment try to snooping in what i searching,i feel it really,even one time they warn me too by showing their pop to me but at that time i am using a bad vpn but now only CG at least it closes the connection if it feels some suspicious.But the one con is it is not allowed emailing via Vpn server for preventing the spam.

Reactions: kevbo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.