Serious Discussion What is your firewall security setup?

Nunzio_77

Level 1
Dec 3, 2023
Utilizzo WHHL con Microsoft Defender con Avast Free Firewall.

È sufficiente installare il firewall Avast Free come unica parte della suite di sicurezza Avast Free. Avast FW utilizza il framework FW interno di Windows, quindi è solo un livello di lista nera dell'applicazione. È come se Glaswire pagasse gratuitamente. Ho aggiunto manualmente le regole di blocco per LolBins (non tutte perché alcuni dei LoLbin bloccati da Andy Ful in Firewall Hardening non esistevano nella mia configurazione di Windows 11).

Non riesco più a trovare le informazioni su MT di un membro che pubblica che Avast ha una nuova opzione di notifiche "limitate" in cui mostra solo popup relativi alla sicurezza (e non popup di upsell commerciali che cercano di convincerti a passare alla versione a pagamento) . Sembra che funzioni davvero (niente popup premium o sei a rischio perché non usi quelli a pagamento)

• Thanks
Reactions: Shadowra

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Do you deny all inbound security traffic
No inbound allowed. I limit browsers to TCP via port 443. I limit cloud apps to TCP via port 443 and to their IP ranges. I limit most Windows processes to MS IP ranges.
Store apps are messy though, because exe changes with an each update, so I had to use the "experimental' feature in WFC, which allows to allow all traffic for the folder.

Attachments

• capture_04132024_205921.jpg
    capture_04132024_205921.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 45
  • capture_04132024_205942.jpg
    capture_04132024_205942.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 44
  • capture_04132024_205956.jpg
    capture_04132024_205956.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 42
  • capture_04132024_210145.jpg
    capture_04132024_210145.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 49

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Portmaster was a bit to advanced for me, I really couldn't figure it out as confidently as I would have liked. GlassWire just makes more sense to me, easier to follow and understand. I think in some of my research, there was some controversy that if you buy the Pro version (register with them) of GlassWire, there was a privacy concern that they denied (of course) regarding any tracking on their end of your use.
Interesting.

I wonder if the lifetime version, that use to be for sale, still works with upgrades on GlassWire ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.