Assigned What makes me cautious not to install Zemana AntiLogger ?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hacheafleur

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 14, 2015
Hi all,

Yesterday I wanted to test the Keylogger Zemana tool to my surprise this is why I hate:

Reading the EULA, you realize that the program retrieves the personal data of the user.

Zemana IntelliGuard also collects standard computer information, wich includes information regarding your computer software and hardware, such as your IP adress, operating system and version.

The worst is that it activates the proxy:

R5 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,EnableHttp1_1 = 1 => Internet Explorer Proxy HTTP1.1 Enable

Another information: When uninstalling look at the report ZHPDiag.
  • O41 - Driver: (AntiLog32) . (.Zemana Ltd. - Zemana AntiLogger Driver.) - C:\Windows\system32\drivers\AntiLog32.sys
  • O43 - CFD: 18/04/2015 - 13:23:11 - [18,355] --H-D C:\ProgramData\{D36303DF-0AF1-460C-9A26-C4D3BAE007EE}
  • O44 - LFC:[MD5.2AC0F5334845FF13F92026B51841F67A] - 18/04/2015 - 13:23:59 ---A- . (.Zemana Ltd. - Zemana AntiLogger Driver.) -- C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AntiLog32.sys [82232]
A driver on the arms.:(

D

Deleted member 21043

Hello @hacheafleur

A driver on the arms.:(
I don't understand this? A driver is required for the product. You'll find almost every "top" Antivirus product loads kernel mode drivers, also.

It uses the driver for good things.

Zemana IntelliGuard also collects standard computer information, wich includes information regarding your computer software and hardware, such as your IP adress, operating system and version.
Trust me, this is not a lot compared to what it could be wanting to obtain. Some products send back information such as your personal documents.

The IP address would be submitted when doing things like connecting to anything related to Zemana/servers. E.g. updates. Other information may be collected to help product development? I do not work at Zemana, I do not know. All I know is that what they collect from that statement is not a lot.

I didn't want to explain technical side of things (like what it does in the driver etc) and wanted to keep this simple:
Zemana AntiLogger is safe to use.

Cheers. ;)

Reactions: rienna

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
when you connect to any website, that website collects that plus your browser name and version.

hacheafleur

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 14, 2015
@ Kram7750 , a developer of software must ensure the proper installation but also a good uninstaller

hacheafleur

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 14, 2015
@ Dani Santos, "when you connect to any website, that website collects that plus your browser name and version." Ok

So why the proxy ? R5 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,EnableHttp1_1 = 1 => Internet Explorer Proxy HTTP1.1 Enable

Reactions: Ramona
D

Deleted member 21043

@ Kram7750 , a developer of software must ensure the proper installation but also a good uninstaller
1). Driver is loaded for the protection and to provide features in the product (maybe not all but it would be necessary for some reasons).
2). Uninstall product.
3). Restart the system.
4). Driver should be now unloaded - the driver should also be "deleted" since you uninstalled the product.

If the above does not corrospond to what you were trying to say, then my apologies.

Cheers. ;)

hacheafleur

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 14, 2015
I'm french, I badly speak in English,

Developers parameterize installers to install their software, but do not think that the user can uninstall their baby?

Yes I spent ZHPDiag after reboot system

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I recall there was a discussion regarding Zemana. Perhaps you can find your answer here
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...ng-out-while-im-browsing.372415/#post-2449321
"We have strict ethical principles here at Zemana about collecting sensitive user information and to do so would be against our morals and company policies. Our main revenue stream is selling our product, and in our 8-year history, we have never tried to make money from advertising or bundling toolbars. We do collect anonymized statistics, just like any other software product."

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like other Antivirus/products these type of behavior are one of the same functionality to obtain better accurate information as it will deal on cloud and increase detection capabilities; but for better clarity of issue then contact the staff of Zemana.

Good thing it declared on their privacy policy:

The IntelliGuard Cloud Data is anonymous and does not collect and process any personal user information.

Reactions: rienna

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Zemana doesn't uninstall cleanly, as you would expect.

Have you read the EULA of all software you use? Find any similarities? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.