What makes you dislike software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
What makes me dislike certain software? ........

Speaking in general .....

First, any software that looks as though it was "ripped" from another therefore making it in my mind an unoriginal idea that someone or some entity just trying to make a quick buck is a big dislike for me. For example most of us or at least I have been using Peer Block for years for free, then Bot Revolt comes along with the SAME EXACT UI and wants to CHARGE for their software. Bot Revolt is nothing but a complete rip off of Peer Block, I will never use nor will I ever pay for Bot Revolt, I will not even use it as a giveaway because I honestly believe that this company is totally incapable of an original idea to market so they had to steal someone else's idea.

Second, any software that comes bundled with third party software, spyware, toolbars etc.
These are usually no name software companies. Usually software companies form India and the Middle East use this tactic. This is why I have reserved myself to use software by only proven, stable software companies with good track records.

Third, software that comes via "downloaders"
Software that comes via sites such as CNET, Giveaway Of The Day and now also to include File Hippo. Downloaders are an easy way to sneak other unwanted software onto your system, therefore I steer clear of the above mentioned sites, always download DIRECT from the manufacturer.

Reactions: Oxygen

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
For me it goes this way:
Post I install a software, I try to evaluate the same based upon my convenience and usability. In the mean time a competitor if offers something new I switch. After comparing either of the two, one has to be disliked.

Reactions: YogiTek

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Very strict license policy having limited no. of (re)activations on same hardware where pirates can use the software without restrictions,but not those who paid for it:p

Last edited:

songoku316

Level 6
Verified
Jul 25, 2014
Blue Screens
Memory and Performance impact
Ads inside the software
Auto Startup
when you liked and cost so expensive

Reactions: Oxygen
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.