What search engine ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

treefrog'

Thread author
Oct 28, 2012
Hi all
I am interested in what search engines peeps here use, considering most of us are security/privacy aware :cool:
I'm guessing Google wins by a mile
Been privacy orientated I prefer to use https://startpage.com/
Googles results but without the privacy invasion
Here follows an exert of Startpages privacy policy...

Your privacy is under attack!

Every time you use a regular search engine, your search data is recorded. Major search engines capture your IP address and use tracking cookies to make a record of your search terms, the time of your visit, and the links you choose - then they store that information in a giant database.

Those searches reveal a shocking amount of personal information about you, such as your interests, family circumstances, political leanings, medical conditions, and more. This information is modern-day gold for marketers, government officials, black-hat hackers and criminals - all of whom would love to get their hands on your private search data.

Don't mean to preach to the converted :rolleyes:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I normally use Google but when I'm unable to access Google at TAFE I use DuckDuckGo. :)

treefrog'

Thread author
Oct 28, 2012
must admit can't beat Google images :rolleyes:
but if you can get the exact same results back with the added bonus of those results not been cross referenced, logged and saved all under your G+/Gmail ID why wouldn't you...
However if you never log in or use an anonymous Google account it's not an issue right? :google::wild:

treefrog'

Thread author
Oct 28, 2012
McLovin said:
Well I normally use Google but when I'm unable to access Google at TAFE I use DuckDuckGo. :)

haven't really used DuckDuckGo...yet
will take a look tho :)

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Google.

You might want to check out Bing if you live in the US. It sucks everywhere IIRL.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
google,bing and duckduckgo.

google is really hard to beat,default search is ducksuckgo,i use google if i want to search log sentences eg : "windows 8 secure boot solution?"
all the other search engines that i try give awful results when typing sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.