Advice Request What security solution for a gamer PC?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
  1. Make the full disk image (including all system partitions and boot sectors).
  2. Install the fresh Windows 10.
  3. Use Easy Service Optimizer to disable unused services (Easy Service Optimizer v1.2).
  4. Install any light AV.
Installing the fresh Windows 10 can be crucial for the performance boost - it is much more effective than debloating. If you will be not satisfied with the performance, then uninstall/disable AV and learn how to safely use Shadow Defender or Hard_Configurator.

Last edited:

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
solution for gamer? none !
in my old hardcore gamer's day, i used to dual boot with a OS stripped from all unnecessary service/programs then protected by Shadow Defender; i would you reload a clean system at every boot.
This is the solution I am using as well, minus Shadow Defender. The best security nowadays is safe browsing with uBlock Origin.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
This is the solution I am using as well, minus Shadow Defender. The best security nowadays is safe browsing with uBlock Origin.
I disagree with this. Because all of this talk about "best security" is based off personal opinion and experience from the user alone. I could state I have the best security nowadays, someone else maybe inclined to disagree with me.

~LDogg

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
if you are a hardcore gamer and every FPS matters. There are a few options
1/ Comodo firewall only (+immunet with disabled on-access scanning/install monitor)
2/ Anti-exe: voodooshield, NVT ERP, secureaplus
3/ avast or panda with highly tweaked settings. Default settings strongly not recommended

any AV will drcrease performance of your PC especially AVs with high memory usage or high disk consumption (emsisoft, windows defender)

Reactions: CyberTech

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
@amico81 What about panda. I do not use the new free version. What features have in comparision whith older version i know it have firewall and another things. I see it does not have antirasmware dedicated module but for me sometimes that are superflous like avast

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
@amico81 What about panda. I do not use the new free version. What features have in comparision whith older version i know it have firewall and another things. I see it does not have antirasmware dedicated module but for me sometimes that are superflous like avast
Only the gui is new and vpn with some mb.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
They said this must have firewall
1530021881750.png
1530021881750.png1530021881750.png
1530021881750.png

Reactions: stefanos

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017

my experience with panda is the lightness...that's for me a reason to use it for a gaming system.
but sure....if you use other things like online banking on your system, I would prefer too another security solutions

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Here don t tell this. Free antivirus for Windows and Android
Antivirus protection
Real-time protection against all types of malware and spyware. Schedule periodic scans and/or scan your computer on demand.

USB protection
Protect your PC by preventing the automatic execution of malware from USB drives. Scan all USB drives upon insertion.

Panda Rescue Kit
Free PC recovery system. Run an advanced scan of your PC or create a rescue USB drive to boot and clean those infected computers that won’t even start.

Multimedia/Gaming mode
This mode ensures you play or watch multimedia content without disturbance from your antivirus while remaining completely secure.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Indeed. With AVs you have slow down when it scans, slow down when you start the game, CPU usage scanning anything downloading or usage of games. VoodooShield you can set to install mode when you install games, as it automatically adds to the whitelist afterwards.

I see where the reply could come from though. Gamers want as less lag or FPS loss as possible. AVs only help this.

~LDogg

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i work too with a whitelist with every av (-> scans and behavior blocker excluding game files and game folders)

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
If you are wanting an av, I'm going to suggest SEPC(Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud) It's strong and you won't even know it's there. I use it on my gaming computer along side Voodoo Shield, with no lag or slowdowns.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
my experience with panda is the lightness...that's for me a reason to use it for a gaming system.
Not a good choice for an online gaming though, since it is a cloud AV, it locks the file, until it is cleared, that could cause a lag or even a disconnect.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.