What security suite/antivirus are you using with VoodooShield?

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
As the title suggests, what security suite or antivirus do you use with VS? Do you notice any issues or slowdowns? I'm currently running VS with ESET IS. So far seems to run smoothly except for some rare occasions where a program may take a little bit of more time to execute. Using an anti executable like VS/ERP/AG alongwith my main security suit makes me feel a bit safer. :)

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I used it with Win Defender and it worked fine, but the verification of file with other Antivirus vendors takes a lot of time, causing execution of application a little slow in VS so thats why i'm now using H_C with default deny + Respect UAC and SmartScreen will not have anny viruses unless you intentionally install.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I used VoodooShield and ERP sucessfully with a variety of antivirus software: Windows Defender, Kaspersky Free, Emsissoft AM, Bitdefender Internet Security. The only problem either one had was much more likely to arise with a Windows event like a new OS version or a false positive. The VoodooShield developer in particular was very fast to offer new builds in that scenario.

I use OSArmor now myself. I had both ERP and OSA at one time, OSA was *always* responding first.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I use to have setups similar to this. VS & OSA kind of redundant - but whatever floats your boat! :)
I agree, I've only just started using Doc Web after one of the IT guys ( I think actually the only IT guy) at work was telling me how he likes it so I thought I'd get the 3 month trial, (no good reason but interested) so still unsure of it's capabilities though after a couple of weeks quite amazed with it, so will drop OSA off I think.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I used to use Eset and Voodooshield, but after I have changed to a standard user account, I just use a light antivirus like Comodo cloud or Webroot. After I researched the consequences, I have reached the conclusion that I can get by with a simple antivirus and syshardener.
A SUA have so many benefits regarding malware and the damage it's able to make.:emoji_v:

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I used to use Eset and Voodooshield, but after I have changed to a standard user account, I just use a light antivirus like Comodo cloud or Webroot. After I researched the consequences, I have reached the conclusion that I can get by with a simple antivirus and syshardener.
A SUA have so many benefits regarding malware and the damage it's able to make.:emoji_v:
Yes for the average user a SUA can make a massive difference. I use syshardener but I don't consider it as a real-time tool. It's used to harden the OS. No matter which OS(Windows)/Security Software one uses, syshardener should be a must have tool for everyone. The default settings are meh but syshardener if properly configured can disable many attack vectors.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Yes for the average user a SUA can make a massive difference. I use syshardener but I don't consider it as a real-time tool. It's used to harden the OS. No matter which OS(Windows)/Security Software one uses, syshardener should be a must have tool for everyone. The default settings are meh but syshardener if properly configured can disable many attack vectors.
+(y)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Standard user account can stop malware that needs persistence, but it won't stop the type of keyloggers and other info-stealers that are removed when you reboot your computer. The damage is already done, if they got your log-in credentials etc etc.
So SUA is not a total savior.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Not at all. People still have to use the brain when they use the computer. And use a reasonably good antivirus. But it do limit the damage much malware is doing. How deep it can go. I also agree about the key logging thing, but I have that covered.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Standard user account can stop malware that needs persistence, but it won't stop the type of keyloggers and other info-stealers that are removed when you reboot your computer. The damage is already done, if they got your log-in credentials etc etc.
So SUA is not a total savior.
No software can offer the user 100% protection my friend. But SUA can help limit the damage done by malware. As for keyloggers, a free anti keylogger like KeyScrambler (encrypts your keystrokes) and a good firewall(which will ask the user before letting the keylogger to connect to the internet) should do the job but as they say "Prevention is better than Cure". So once you're infected it's a matter of time before your credentials are stolen. The safest way to go after an infection is a total reinstallation of the OS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.