Advice Request What should I shield in Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Nice question.:)
Well it come with many predefined application listings. That should be enough. But if you want to shield more applications which only communicate to internet and if you don't trust them, then you can link them on demand. For example shielding Torrent downloaders and non listed apps might be a case.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
7 zip, all adobe software(almost except photoshop maybe), word, excell (libreoffice or openoffice too), all browsers, skype, steam. And probably a lot of other software but I can't find them in my brain atm haha.

Just look at the software and try to think if a exploit could happen on the software.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Adobe products, plus any software that utilizes flash.
I recommend shielding all game clients as well, ie: Steam, Origin, Uplay, and GOG galaxy Client (If installed)

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
A good question about MBAE is what all the advaned settings are and do we keep those default in cases where the software is in the "other" dropdown category? Should we modify the advanced settings in MBAE for other. I've always wondered that just never asked. I knew what most if not all the settings are from reading up on it and just knowing what the majority were to begin with, but when it comes to the other category for specific software I'm rather baffled on how to set it up without knowing the specific exploits or vulnerabilities for that software which would require some research for each software that fits in the other category. Jw if anyone had some insight on the other category and if it needs to be tweaked or do we just keep it default?

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As much as possible, the default settings of MBAE is already effective on that case; considering a typical exploit should undergone the process of bypass where common target attacks should covered.

This is a sample work which been created to test the exploit capabilities (not a virus or real exploit) Link (see post # 11)

Reactions: pneuma1985 and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Read Post 8 and 9 from link @jamescv7 provided above.

Custom shields can be created in MBAE Premium and For Business for any number of third-party or legacy applications. It is suggested to do so for Internet-facing applications and not for Operating System components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.