what software for make windows work as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
i need get your suggest friends..
what better software for make windows not crash or get not responding when open browser or anything..?
we can share experience in here
thx

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My suggestions:
  • Keep Windows up to date
  • Use stable software (ie. not Beta)
  • No overlapping security
  • Properly uninstall software. The (ie. use RevoUninstaller) to make sure Drivers and other left overs have been removed too.
  • Keep your system light (ie. not too many start-up programs)

Hope this helps, I'm sure others can recommend some other tips. :)

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
There is no such software. If your pc is crashing then you need to diagnosis why its crashing. Thats why there is diagnostic mode built into msconfig.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Crashes: There is no software that can prevent other software from crashing, simply because crashes are unpredictable.
Software not responding: This means that your PC is busy doing something else and you can't interact with the GUI of a specific program momentarily. This doesn't necessarily mean that the app will crash.
My advice:
  • Make sure your hardware meets (or better yet exceeds) the minimum requirements for your OS
  • Try to find out if any software running uses too many resources (CPU and hard-drive I/O are intensive and can cause software not to respond. For example if you are downloading a torrent @ 9 MB/s you can't expect your PC to be as responsive as it normally is). Running too many apps at one time can put sufficient stress on your PC to make it unresponsive. With a Virtual Machine or game running in the background apps might not have sufficient resources to work properly.
  • Defragment your harddrive, make sure you have sufficiant free space on all your partitions (at least 20-30%)
  • If you can't find a hardware or software culprit for your issue, format + reinstall your OS.
  • Only install apps you really need.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I forget to mention, if it's a Hardware fault then there is nothing software can do to fix it (unless using testing for faults).

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Well you said software for preventing your pc from crashing. Maintenance is completely and entirely different.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
yep thx dieselman :)
hmm..
what your opinion or your reccomend to maintenance?

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
No problem. easy mistake. English is obviously not his first language Diesel.

Do you have any maintanance programs at all at the moment?

cleanup, defrag etc?

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
yep.. you're right
my first language not english but i want learn more and better again
sorry about my english make you confuse to get what i mean

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
win7holic said:
yep thx dieselman :)
hmm..
what your opinion or your reccomend to maintenance?
You can read this thread to see what we are using for maintenance
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-What-Softwares-do-you-use-fo-Maintenance-and-Tweaking

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Well that would be an entirely different threat involving paid and free solutions. So maybe close this thread and start a new one.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Dieselman said:
Well that would be an entirely different threat involving paid and free solutions. So maybe close this thread and start a new one.

new one?
okay :p
what the tittle?
haha
i'm confuse to making tittle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.