What the hell is "Microsoft's lost decade"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Neowin.net said:
mslostdecade.jpg

There has been a term floating around for a few weeks about "Microsoft's lost decade" and it really is a baffling thought when you actually take a look at Microsoft's history. The tagline, if you want to call it that, first made its debut over at Vanity Fair with quite a few damning quotes against the company and how it stifled innovation. We were not there, we don't have our own quotes from an insider who wants to go on record and burn bridges or repair them, so we can take the article at face value.

The gist of that article did have one point that it hammered home, bureaucracy. Having never worked for Microsoft, I can't attest to their internal culture 10 years ago, what I can attest to is the fact that every single large corporation on planet Earth has a metric-ton of red tape (large being defined as top 50 Fortune 500 company) as I have been inside a handful of those companies. Get over it, that's how corporate America works, there is a reason "middle management' exists, they are the red tape. If we didn't have these barriers, every staff level employee would have a direct line of communication to the CEO and most companies would lose focus. It's the way corporations work, why this is surprising to some that Microsoft fell into this bucket, we can't figure that one out.

Sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.