Advice Request What you guys think about Gridinsoft?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 67480
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
Just like in case. I using Gridinsoft on my PC and i didn't see problems with PC in time using this Anti-Malware. Maybe website has bad reputation because the software is paid and some of you calls this software as Rogueware or Scareware, but sometimes developers gives free giveaway's on month or a little bit longer. Like for me: Gridinsoft is fine, sometimes he has some False positives, but Technical Support is not bad anyway.

Reactions: Mr.NoName and AtlBo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Use what you want to stay protected on the old Windows 7 OS.

After your license expires, the default price listing is $30 for 6 months, or $40 for 12 months.

Tip: Bitdefender also offer many extended license, up to 6 months if you're lucky.

Reactions: AtlBo and stefanos

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Use what you want to stay protected on the old Windows 7 OS.

After your license expires, the default price listing is $30 for 6 months, or $40 for 12 months.

Tip: Bitdefender also offer many extended license, up to 6 months if you're lucky.
Bitdefender offer 6 months still working. Before 3 days i tried and now i have Bitdefender internet security 2019 180 days ;)

Reactions: AtlBo

krista_jack

Aug 7, 2018
Grindinsoft is best when you want to stay protected. It targets all threats on your window pc and keep you safe. It's fast within a few clicks all your viruses will be detected.

Reactions: AtlBo and stefanos
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
Bitdefender is really heavy than Gridinsoft, because he has so much glitches, Gridinsoft is much stable for me.

Reactions: AtlBo

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
What I meant, just because they're given away for FREE, doesn't mean you need it.
The problem at Bitdefender is realy the ram. Use about 480 to 600 mb ram. But not slowdown everything. Bootime more fast from WD and the aplication and browsers open super fast. But the ram.................

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I used Trojan Killer a few years ago (I believe this is the name of the software) from this company.
No suspicion of rogware or similar but yes, certainly many FPs.

Reactions: harlan4096

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's terrible. It has major issues with false positives. I don't know how it does at detecting actual malware. But due to excessive false positives, there is absolutely no good reason to use, even when it is available as a giveaway..

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
It's terrible. It has major issues with false positives. I don't know how it does at detecting actual malware. But due to excessive false positives, there is absolutely no good reason to use, even when it is available as a giveaway..
Gridinsoft maybe has issues with False positives, but he can detect real malware like: Ransomware.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Gridinsoft maybe has issues with False positives, but he can detect real malware like: Ransomware.
There are plenty of products which detect ransomware and have only very minimal issues with false positives. So why use a product, that is going to wrongly identify a lot of clean files and registry keys as being harmful?

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
Because i'm translator on Polish Language in they's software? I have from them free 1 year license and i will keep updating translation, even they fixing much more annoying problems like: Strange behaviour a software in time using Internet Security module which caused: Disconnecting from some games, websites, reverting to the previous site and etc... those problems has been reported by me and they confirmed this, because they checked this out on their own computers. Maybe soon or later thanks me, Gridinsoft will have much less False Positives and much better protection with less RAM usage.

Reactions: roger_m

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Because i'm translator on Polish Language in they's software? I have from them free 1 year license and i will keep updating translation, even they fixing much more annoying problems like: Strange behaviour a software in time using Internet Security module which caused: Disconnecting from some games, websites, reverting to the previous site and etc... those problems has been reported by me and they confirmed this, because they checked this out on their own computers. Maybe soon or later thanks me, Gridinsoft will have much less False Positives and much better protection with less RAM usage.
You basically highlighted all the reason not to use their software, but also promoting it since you're their language translator.

I don't think people consider a high FP rate a good quality in a protection software.

Reactions: Brie and roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.