Some cuestions about configuring Kaspersky plus

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi, guys i bougth kaspersky plusin 100 mxn original for one user in México, and i install it. I have some cuestions or issues.I am not englishspeaker but here are my cuestions:
1.- The product really has many options, it gives me this recommendation to activate virtualization. I have Windows 11 single language and my machine has a Ryzen 4300u, virtualization is activated in the BIOS and Kaspersky suggests activating it, but I don't know how. Do I have to do something in Windows? In the BIOS I have already applied settings. In windows only appear activate virtual machines.
1710046382483.png

2.- Components such as antivirus file, network attack blocker, etc. Are there any special settings, for example some users recommended setting it to only scan new and modified but only after a full manual scan whith high level of security and that scans everythin, then only new and modified. I would like to know your recommended opinions here and on the rest of the real-time protection modules. My habits are to read email, consult databases of scientific journals, government platforms, I dont make payments except on Amazon and other official stores, but I download movies from Mega and MediaFire, as well as books that I later convert to read on the Kindle.

3.- The intrusion prevention module. Does anything need to be done to improve security? I haven't moved anything. In applications I only have original software, office, writing programs such as Scrivener for layout and organization of documents, the Affinity Serif suite, for graphic design, caliber, for book management and a bibliographic reference manager called Citavi and from there apps the Microsoft store, Steam games and Gog games. All purchased directly from the product stores and invoiced. Browser plugins I only have a windows audio recorder. Any special settings in the mentioned section?

4.-I hear the kaspersky stars are the syswatcher and the application guard ¿Any sugested config?

5 What purpose does Current Activity option and how does it improve the security or performance of the equipment? In spanish says actividad actual
1710046952666.png

6. In which cases to use the VPN is that when I say that I am somewhere else, sometimes I cannot access Outlook and Gmail, even bank accounts or even Paypal, Steam. In which cases should I activate them?

7.-I have seen data leaks in the search engine, what should I do? Is it enough to change passwords periodically? It comes in the section where you put your mail and kaspersky detects filtrations

8 What is the best setting for private navigation, why did I only set it to Collect Statistics? Does this mean it only records and doesn't protect me from anything?
1710047287277.png

10 What is the difference between stalkerware and violation control, it seems that they have the same option.
1710047335600.png

I like the interface but I want to know if it can be changed, I remember that in a version of Kaspersky it had a Ferrari theme that could install themes made by members of the community.

I have read the manuals, the doubts and explanations but I would like better security performance configurations, like the ones Harlan and Chaos did, I hope I don't ask too much, but seriously the program has changed in concepts and interface, forgive the bad spelling I have been working for ten hours and several in sleep

Attachments

• 1710046895651.png
    1710046895651.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi there,

1. If your BIOS already has virtualization enabled, you don't need to do anything else in Windows. Kaspersky might be suggesting it as a general recommendation.

2. Currently, Kaspersky doesn't support custom themes. The interface is designed to be user-friendly and efficient.

3. For better security performance, you can adjust the settings according to your needs. However, the default settings are usually sufficient for most users. If you're unsure, it's best to consult with a professional or Kaspersky's customer support.

Don't worry about your spelling, your questions are clear. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Thanks bot, i really apreciate your answer but here says m y software or hardware is not cmpatible but in bios is enabled the virtualization here says is not availible.
I like to use that advanced tools like aplication guard or proactive defense. I see some ones use default deny in kaspersky

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
1.- The product really has many options, it gives me this recommendation to activate virtualization. I have Windows 11 single language and my machine has a Ryzen 4300u, virtualization is activated in the BIOS and Kaspersky suggests activating it, but I don't know how. Do I have to do something in Windows? In the BIOS I have already applied settings. In windows only appear activate virtual machines.

Switch off " memory integrity" in core isolation menu (See the image attached) and see it works or not.

The intrusion prevention module. Does anything need to be done to improve security?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.