Whats going on with Gizmo's Freeware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraKitsune9

Thread author
Mar 13, 2019
I'm getting a little concerned by Gizmo's Freeware (techsupportalert.com) after they banned me twice, the first time was immediately after signing up. a few minutes after I posted a thread under a new account, concerned about two products listed in "Realtime-Protection" (Baidu and Tencent) regarding their risks (and also mentioned that their site contact list was missing), I was banned for "no specified reason".

This was not against any of their rules and I was not notified of any "wrong-doing".

Anyone else have similar issues?

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Sorry, Seems like you got a raw deal, innocent untill proven quilty,Quess you stepped on the wrong toes,You deserve a explanation! gl

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I'm getting a little concerned by Gizmo's Freeware (techsupportalert.com) after they banned me twice, the first time was immediately after signing up. a few minutes after I posted a thread under a new account, concerned about two products listed in "Realtime-Protection" (Baidu and Tencent) regarding their risks (and also mentioned that their site contact list was missing), I was banned for "no specified reason".

This was not against any of their rules and I was not notified of any "wrong-doing".

Anyone else have similar issues?
Never been on their forum before, but if you think you might have a malware problem of some sort, you can post here on MalwareTips, in the right place, of course: Malware Removal Assistance For Windows
If you just want to discuss your security software, you can do that here on MalwareTips, too.

AkiraKitsune9

Thread author
Mar 13, 2019
Please edit the images so that your email is not visible. Best regards.
yeah, im going to have to report it and repost it once it's taken down.

I logged out to check the forum, and it seemed they took down my thread, very suspicious.

I also noticed that they had no threads Discussing the software they we're advertising, only threads that we're off-topic or Asking for software to be added.

Reactions: shmu26

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Regardless of the reasons you were initially banned, re-registering may have resulted in an automatic ban.
Disposable email addresses and promotional usernames will be rejected.
A moderator may have been triggered by the Baidu/Tencent products, when checked on myWOT.
**Posts deemed to be commercial spam and/or containing links to WOT red-rated sites will result in an immediate ban.
Link: Forum & Main Site Rules - Gizmo's Freeware Forum

Here are some better* forum sites:
*in no specific order

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
As a long time member of Gizmo's Freeware Forum I can tell you that they do not ban individuals for nothing. It is possible that you were automatically banned due to re-registering as mentioned above. I would encourage you to PM one of the moderators and they can tell you what happened.

AkiraKitsune9

Thread author
Mar 13, 2019
As a long time member of Gizmo's Freeware Forum I can tell you that they do not ban individuals for nothing. It is possible that you were automatically banned due to re-registering as mentioned above. I would encourage you to PM one of the moderators and they can tell you what happened.

I tried contacting them via email but they just keep telling me that my account is now fully registered, their site-contact form is missing so the only other way of contacting them would be through the mail, but I'd rather not do that because I would have to pay for air mail.

Reactions: roger_m

AkiraKitsune9

Thread author
Mar 13, 2019
Regardless of the reasons you were initially banned, re-registering may have resulted in an automatic ban.

A moderator may have been triggered by the Baidu/Tencent products, when checked on myWOT.

Link: Forum & Main Site Rules - Gizmo's Freeware Forum

Here are some better* forum sites:
*in no specific order
I did not use disposable emails or link to any sites, but yeah, they may not have liked me complaining about the safety of their software.

DesperateDan

Mar 15, 2019
I am a member of the Gizmo’s Freeware admin team.

Just to clarify some of our site rules since very few people seem to read them before posting. :giggle:

• Multiple registrations are not permitted and are automatically blocked and banned.
  • Unsubstantiated comments and posts either praising or blasting certain products are also blocked. Past examples for reference being Comodo/Iobit.
  • Posts/comments targeting specific products by location eg Chinese/Russian will also be removed.

As with all sites providing user interaction we need to deal with trolls, shills and spammers on a daily basis so what appears on public view provides a genuine basis for comment and discussion. Our volunteer moderators try their best to achieve this objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.